Q. I have COVID symptoms with mild fever, and my oxygen levels are normal. What to do?

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

I have symptoms of COVID since sunday, and on the same day, I have started with antibiotics. I had a high fever for two days, and it has been seven days now. I still have a 990F fever, and my oxygen levels are normal. Is it normal, or anything else needs to be done now?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I have gone through the query and can understand your concern.

Can you provide me with some details so that I can get an accurate idea of your condition?

1) Along with fever, what other symptoms did you have?

2) What antibiotics have you taken?

3) Have you taken any specific treatment for COVID?

4) Other than fever, what are your current symptoms?

5) Have you done any other tests?

6) Do you have any other illness before this?

It has been seven days as per your query since COVID, and fever seems to be improving. Usually, on days 6 to 13 effect of COVID on the lungs starts, and there is a chance of complications. If there are no other symptoms, I suggest you continue taking tablet Vitamin C, multivitamins, and Zinc tablets and monitoring oxygen levels.

Have a brisk walk at home for six minutes, and then recheck your oxygen saturation. If there is a fall in oxygen saturation, the lung damage has begun, and you will need additional medications in the form of steroids.

I would be happy to help you further if you need help managing COVID at home in this quarantine period.

|