Q. Can I take tablet Xarelto while being positive for COVID-19?

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2021 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

I am a 35-year-old male. My height is 175 cm, and my weight is 74 kg. I am tested positive for COVID-19 today. My resting heart rate is 100, and I am fine without any scaring symptoms.

My father died unexpectedly from a pulmonary embolism at the age of 33, and my three siblings have had problems with blood clots. I did a thrombophilia panel earlier this year, and it did not detect any significant blood disorders. I am very worried about clots and COVID.

Now, should I take the tablet Xarelto that my hematologist gave me for an appendectomy last year?

Kindly help.

#

Your heart rate seems to be linked to the anxiety of being tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019). Only a small number of patients get severe problems with this disease. And after vaccination, the complications become further smaller. Vaccinated people do not develop severe symptoms of COVID. With your positive family history of thrombophilia, you must take tablet Xarelto (Rivaroxaban), despite the negative thrombophilia profile.

Take care.

|