Q. I get stomach upset with intake of milk and orange juice. Why?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

My stomach gets upset when I drink milk, orange juice, or even yogurt which is normally good for an upset stomach. I cannot digest banana, corn flakes, and many other foods, and it has been going on for a long time. I have been to many doctors and they had endoscopy and colonoscopy tests but nothing came out bad. Please help.

#

I can understand you must be very upset about your condition. So you see the diets you are kind of allergic to are containing milk protein. Yes, there are some diets that contain no milk, but the diet that predispose you to have stomch upset will disturb your stomach as often as one has allergies to almost every diets the person takes.

So, I suggest you to cut down your dairy intake. It occurs due to the deficiency of an enzyme called lactase which usually digests the milk. Or you can purchase a commercially available drug containing lactase enzyme. Tablet Lactaid 9000 FU just every time before having a milk-based diet. If you want to discuss more I am here to help.

Follow up in one week.

| 

My 7 months old baby poops more than 20 times. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 months old. She keeps pooping. She at least poops 20 diapers a day. Why?  Read Full »

My son complains of stomach pain and discomfort. What would be the likely reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 year old son lives in a village and is habitual of having milk twice a day. As he loves milk sometimes, he drinks raw milk (unsterilized milk). His father owns a dairy business. For the last one week, he is not feeling well and mostly complained about having a stomach ache, fatigue ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»