Q. My 7 months old baby poops more than 20 times. Why?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 23, 2021

My daughter is 7 months old. She keeps pooping. She at least poops 20 diapers a day. Why?

#

I can understand your concern.

• A baby of 7 months old passing stools of around 20 times a day is not normal. There are some diseases which can cause this type of symptom.
  • The possibility of celiac disease should be ruled out. In celiac disease, there is an allergy to gluten present in wheat. Due to this allergy, the child passes stools many times.
  • Other cause could be cow milk allergy. In some cases, there is an allergy to lactogen present in cow milk or mother milk.
  • You should do stool routine microscopy and stool for reducing sugar test, complete blood count, tTG (tissue transglutaminase) antibody levels.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|