Q. My 7 months old baby poops more than 20 times. Why?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My daughter is 7 months old. She keeps pooping. She at least poops 20 diapers a day. Why?

#

I can understand your concern.

• A baby of 7 months old passing stools of around 20 times a day is not normal. There are some diseases which can cause this type of symptom.
  • The possibility of celiac disease should be ruled out. In celiac disease, there is an allergy to gluten present in wheat. Due to this allergy, the child passes stools many times.
  • Other cause could be cow milk allergy. In some cases, there is an allergy to lactogen present in cow milk or mother milk.
  • You should do stool routine microscopy and stool for reducing sugar test, complete blood count, tTG (tissue transglutaminase) antibody levels.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

My TTG IgA is high. Do I have celiac disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My tissue transglutaminase IgA are high but I have not done any biopsy but done only an endoscopy (normal). If my TTG IgA is high then I must be having celiac disease because this level only goes high with celiac disease, am I right? Then why do I need to go for biopsy as it is a pain...  Read Full »

Is chewing sponge an indication of any deficiency in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 11 years old, is found to chew sponge. She will not swallow but used to chew it. Could it be due to any deficiency? Otherwise, she is normal and healthy. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now