Q. My creatinine level is high for my age. How to reduce it?

Dr. Madhumati Varma
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I had a creatinine test, and the result was 1.30 mg/dL. Someone said that it should be less than 0.5 mg/dl for my age. I am tensed that my creatinine level is almost high for a 24 year old male, although the normal range is between 0.5 - 1.3 mg/dL. How can I decrease my creatinine level? What is good for health, either less creatinine or high creatinine? While having the test, I was on empty stomach. I just had a small cake and 5 liters of water. Will it influence the level of creatinine?

#

• The creatinine level of 0.5 - 1.3 mg/dL is the reference range. Your creatinine is normal high. You should not worry, but take precautions.
  • You should avoid too much animal meat. Your diet should contain the meat vegetable ratio of 1:6.
  • You must exercise heavily and drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
  • Any doctor advised you to drink 5 liters of water, or you felt thirsty to drink so much? Then, have you passed 5 liters of urine? 5 liters of water is too much and not recommended.
  • A cake contains egg, cream, wheat, and sugar. There are nor sufficient for a balanced diet. Maybe the breakdown of reserve proteins due to the starvation caused high normal creatinine.
  • You should take balanced diet, which includes carbohydrate 45%, protein 35%, fat 20% and water 2 L.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|