Q. Why is CD more common than UC in children?

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

I used to get diarrhea and stomach problem since my childhood and I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in my small intestine. I want to know whether Children who get this disease from childhood gets this disease from parents only?

I know that people sometimes get it at the adult stage which may be because of environmental factors but they get it in the ileum and colon. But those who get it in the jejunum are mainly children and I want to know whether it's linked with their parents because if it's not because of parents or any genetic factor then why children get it so early?

And I also want to know why this Crohn's disease is rare compared to Ulcerative Colitis in my country?

#

Dear, How are you ? Hope you are fine . I have read very carefully about your queries.

Q. 1. Why CD is more common than UC in children?

Ans : in preschool group, UC is more common than CD but in older children CD is more common than UC. In last few years, the incidence of CD is increasing but Incidence of UC remain unchanged . Exact cause of this difference is still unknown. There are some hypothesis such like dietary modification , Urbanization but nothing is established

Q. 2. Why CD is occurred in child ?

Ans : The reason behind CD is both genetic and environmental. When Genetically susceptible people exposed to environmental factor they devolve CD . But you asked why early in child if they have no family/Genetic connection ? I have already told this need both component for development . There is some research on early development of CD. Child ( genetically susceptible) who have less Brest fed , Taking more antibiotic , more Fatty food and less fibre food are more likely to develop CD early age. Besides this if affected family member is present , chance of development is increased in early age .

Hope my write up help you to get answers of your queries . If you want to know more , feel free to contact. Thanks

|