Q. I feel like my eyes are crossed, and I have eyeball pain. Why?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have felt like my eyes are crossed lately. However, I had my dad hold up to five fingers, and I can distinguish how many fingers are up. I also noticed if I look up diagonally or left to right, my eyes feel like they are stretching, and I get a little ache on top of my eyes, balls, and behind.

Is this related to a brain tumor or tumor of the optic nerve? I had an eye exam six to eight months ago, and it was normal. However, my MRI is going on for ten to eleven months now. Do I need imaging done? To add on, the stretching of my eyes causes me a little headache behind my eyes. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Your symptoms are not suggestive of any brain tumor or any other neurological disorders. I think that you cannot just concentrate and this is why you feel like this. This concentration problem could be related to an eye problem or increased psychological stress. Coming to this point, there is no reason to perform a new MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). I would recommend consulting again with the ophthalmologist for a physical exam. In the meantime, I would recommend taking Magnesium supplements (300 to 400 mg daily). I hope this was helpful.

In your opinion, is this a brain tumor or tumor Of the optic nerve? Am I overthinking this? When I look into someone’s eyes, I have to focus on either their right eye or left eye. I cannot stare at both simultaneously. Is this normal? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Yes, this is quite normal. It is related to the short distance. Nothing serious is going on. Please get back if you have further doubts.

In your opinion, is this a brain tumor? Kindly give your opinion.

#

No, this is not a brain tumor. So, please try to relax and do not worry about it. I hope this was helpful.

|