Q. I noticed a hole in my new crown. What should I do?

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

After an RCT, a crown was fitted today. In the evening I saw a hole in the crown. What should I do? Will it remain as it is or can it be filled? There is no pain at all.

#

• After going through your problem, it seems like the crown which you are having might have got the hole while adjusting the occlusion if the hole is on the chewing surface.
  • Sometimes when the crown is high, the dentist has to adjust the bite accordingly. So, during that process, we have to reduce it.
  • You can leave it as it is.
  • But, if the hole is on the other surface then you need to visit your dentist to get it replaced. Otherwise, there will be food lodgement.
  • I would advise you to visit your nearby dentist to have a clearer idea of your problem.

Hope this helps you. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|