Q. What is the reason for having a habit of crying frequently without a reason?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I am crying frequently without reason. What is the cause? Why do I cry frequently without a specific reason or trigger? How can we stop them? How to treat the problem?

#

Crying frequently without a trigger is always associated with psychological issues. For physical causes, it can be a chronic pain from a chronic inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or physical weakness from a debilitating disease like cancer. There is some psychological or mental component associated with physical factors for causing this problem.

It depends upon the individual's self-control and mental strength to stop the problem. Counseling can also help. It is better to get help from a psychiatrist when it gets worse or when it is affecting the daily routine.

|