Q. I had a pelvic CT scan with contrast done. Will this affect my plans to have kids?

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ct Scan or Radiation Exposure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a lower GI and pelvic CT scan with contrast done at the age of 36 years. I fly a lot. I want kids. Did this scan harm my eggs or increase my chances of developing cancer? Nothing was found in the scan, and the MSV was 8.