Culture And Sensitivity

Why is Z-pak not working for a sinus infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old female. I have been sick for almost a month now. I went to my doctor and he gave me Z-pak antibiotic for sinus infection. Normally, Z-pak makes me feel 100% better in a day or two after taking them. Instead of feeling better, I felt worse. I have completed all the Z-pak...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing can be due to any of the following. Superadded bacterial infection that will require again an antibiotic, which is better to do a culture of the mucus to detect which antibiotic is suitable. The ongoing viral infection, which is usually s...  Read Full »

Can taking multiple antibiotics cause redness and dryness of vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, Ever since being on multiple antibiotics for a persistent UTI a year ago, I have had vaginal problems. It was first a bout of yeast infections and then BV. I have tried many pills, external and internal creams, home remedies, and diet changes, but still, I have redness and dryness exte...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Sorry to hear what you have been through. I feel you are having an imbalance in the normal and abnormal organism growth. For a normal vagina, you need both normal and abnormal organisms. When you take too many antibiotics one after other, it kills most...  Read Full »

My penile discharge shows Mycoplasma genitalium. Will I be infected forever?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, and I had unprotected sex with a woman, four months back. I started having symptoms a couple of months back. The symptoms were penile discharge, it is transparent, and I feel tickling on the penis. This made me take some STI tests, and I was diagnosed with my...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You might be suffering from the resistant strain of Mycoplasma. I would advise you to go for culture and sensitivity test. The sensitivity test would tell us about the mycoplasma sensitive antibiotic.Nevertheless, I suggest trying Doxycycline 100 mg, twice daily for 21 d...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my ear even after using ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild ear infection. I went to see a doctor as the ear started draining clear fluid. The doctor said the draining was only on the outside of the ear. She prescribed Ciprodex ear drops. I am on the second day of taking them and I just woke up in the middle of the night with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not so, as you have an infection in the outer part of the ear. It is called as otitis externa. In this condition, there will be a severe aching pain in the outer ear. The cause of otitis externa may be due to a humid environment, any micro-injuries, or any ...  Read Full »

Was my circumcision botched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be an infection of the head of the penis. If possible, please send me images. It does not sound serious, so nothing to worry. You need to give the pus, that is coming out from the holes, for culture and sensitivity. And you will require antibiotics accordin...  Read Full »

I am still worried about the vaginitis that I got due to NuvaRing, two years back. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My problem has resolved, but I am still worried. Two years ago, I was on NuvaRing, and I was getting multiple yeast infections. I went to a couple of doctors, and they said it was yeast and also vaginitis. After months of itching and at times white curdy discharge, I was getting a red ...  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It might be due to an allergy to the ring and had lead to some infection. What you can do at present are two tests called high vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, which is tell us whether any infection is there at present or not. In case if it is there, it will show th...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask...  Read Full »

How can urine infection in a postpartum preeclampsia patient be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 36-year-old wife has a urine infection. She was diagnosed with postpartum preeclampsia after two days of delivery of a female child. She had high blood pressure at the time of delivery but now it is normal. Her average blood pressure is 110/75. She had a severe urinary infection be...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to repeat urine culture and drug sensitivity to determine the bacteria causing infection and the antibiotic to which it is sensitive. Few bacteria which cause urinary infection in women develop resistance very easily and become difficult to treat...  Read Full »

Why is there an unusual sense of something inside my urethra while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I have problems in my private parts. Sometimes, I sense slight numbness, slight pain in testis with coldness. But all this sensation does not last long. There is mild fever with tiredness and fatigue. Sometimes, I sense something inside my urethra while urinati...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the treatment is apt according to the drug sensitivity report. The drug would have already started showing its effect by now that is within 48 hours after initiation if you have started. Kindly continue the medication. Drink lots and lots of water and liquids...  Read Full »

What is post-vasectomy pain syndrome and how is it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a vasectomy nine weeks ago. The first few days were fine but on the 6th or the 7th day, I started to feel a sense of fullness in my left testicle and I then experienced swelling. I rang my doctor and he prescribed me Difene which brought the swelling down but I still had tender...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I am extremely concerned about your problem. I think you have PVPS (post-vasectomy pain syndrome) but it is a diagnosis of exclusion. It happens because of congestion of epididymis and various other reasons. There are some tests to be done ...  Read Full »