Q. I have abdominal pain, and I vomit as soon as I eat something. What to do?

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

I am a 51 year old male, who has diabetes. For my diabetic problem, I am using Insulin Human Actrapid daily 10 units. Therefore, I am getting weak and getting fits. So far, I have had five fits. I got CT scan of the brain, and there was a small blood clot in the brain. I also have pain in the left side of the abdomen, and I vomit. I did not have a bowel movement for five days. Please help me get better. I had two lumps on my back. One of the lumps was removed with surgery, but it is not healing. The other lump is near my shoulder, which is very painful. I have indigestion, and I vomit as soon I eat food. I have attached all my reports.

#

I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You have a urinary infection, which is causing all your symptoms of vomiting and abdominal pain. The kidneys are not removing toxins from your body and its accumulation is causing all symptoms.
  • At present, you need to get admitted and start hemodialysis through a temporary catheter, that is, antibiotics and blood transfusion. I suggest you get the following tests done:
  1. Urine culture and sensitivity.
  2. Serum bicarbonate.
  3. Calcium and phosphorus.
  4. Ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder).
  5. Post-void residual urine test.
  6. Fundus evaluation.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|