Q. Can a rice-sized thing inside the foreskin be due to an STI?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

So for my entire life, I have had this rice-sized thing inside my foreskin. It never caused any problems, never hurt or anything. Then suddenly, it just got bigger to the size of a bean and hurts to the touch. It does not hurt when I pee or anything, just to the touch, because it is in my foreskin and not on the shaft or head of my penis. It also has two tiny holes where the ends sometimes produce some weird fluid and a bit of blood if I squeeze it or rub it with a warm cloth. Again, I have had this thing my whole life, but it suddenly did this only a few days ago. In case if you think it is an STI (sexually transmitted infection), I have not had sex, so I do not think it would be that.

#

It has got puss. It may be due to Impetigo.

• Take Capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg twice daily in the morning and evening.
  • Tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen (400mg) and Paracetamol (325mg)) twice daily for five days.
  • Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin) ointment twice daily for five days.

STD will not have lesions like this. Still, if you are worried, you better do a smear and culture sensitivity test from the wound pus..

Thank you for your reply.

But why it does not that affect the face and the genitals? Is there anything else that it could be?

#

Impetigo can be caused by group A hemolytic streptococcus and staphylococcus aureus. Impetigo usually occurs on the face, neck, arms and limbs, but the Lesions may appear on any parts of the body not necessary must on face. Since it is a bacterial infection it can be treated with Tablet Augmentin 625 mg twice daily or Tablet Erythromycin 500 mg twice daily for five days.

|