Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Apart from surgery, is there anything to correct curved penis?

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2016

Hi doctor,

I have a downward curve on my penis. It seems that when I am erect the raphe on the underside is keeping it from being straight. It is not painful, but it does affect my sex life. I am unable to have sex in certain sexual positions such as missionary because of the tension on the underside and sensitivity. Is there anything you can recommend aside from surgery to correct the problem?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

Please relax and do not worry.

  • It would be better if you can send me the images of your penis. I think you are talking about tight frenulum.
  • There is no conservative or medical management. I suggest that you may require frenuloplasty. It is a minor surgery and so, no need to fear.

Revert back with the images to an andrologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Hi doctor,

Thank you for the response. Here are some photos.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome back to

I have gone through all the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • It looks like congenital curvature of the . Your penis curvature starts from the base and mid shaft.
  • It is better to consult a urologist and take a second opinion. Let him examine you clinically and show him these images.
  • It is correctable with minor surgery, so do not worry at all.

For further information consult an andrologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why do I feel my entire body and the head shake from inside?
Apart from surgery, is there anything to correct curved penis?
Can low vitamin D and B12 levels have adverse effects on the fetus?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

My baby was born with twisted legs. Can it be treated through surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 21 months old baby, and she was born with twisted legs, which resulted from the cord around the neck issue during pregnancy. She was diagnosed with nerve atrophy in her legs. They said she might recover if the atrophy of her legs can be treated. She underwent motor nerve cond...  Read Full »

Can congenital deafness be transferred to future generation?

Query: Hello doctor, Girl's father is dumb and deaf affected. If I marry that girl (affected person's daughter), will the child born to us also be affected? And I am not dumb and deaf. Please help me to decide to marry her or not.  Read Full »

I just found out I am pregnant. Is there any risk of malformation from Minoxidil?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 year old female who is overweight. I have been using Minoxidil 5 % topical solution for alopecia areata on the scalp. I just found out my urine pregnancy test is positive. Now I have stopped using it. I might be in the early weeks of pregnancy. Should I be worried about the fetus? ...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»
I have redness in my eyes. How to stop it from getting redder?
Hello doctor,I am a 16-year-old boy. I have a problem with my eyes, and I had this problem for a very long time. I do no...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Andrologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.