Q. Apart from surgery, is there anything to correct curved penis?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I have a downward curve on my penis. It seems that when I am erect the raphe on the underside is keeping it from being straight. It is not painful, but it does affect my sex life. I am unable to have sex in certain sexual positions such as missionary because of the tension on the underside and sensitivity. Is there anything you can recommend aside from surgery to correct the problem?

#

Please relax and do not worry.

• It would be better if you can send me the images of your penis. I think you are talking about tight frenulum.
  • There is no conservative or medical management. I suggest that you may require frenuloplasty. It is a minor surgery and so, no need to fear.

Revert back with the images to an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

Thank you for the response. Here are some photos.

#

I have gone through all the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like congenital curvature of the . Your penis curvature starts from the base and mid shaft.
  • It is better to consult a urologist and take a second opinion. Let him examine you clinically and show him these images.
  • It is correctable with minor surgery, so do not worry at all.

For further information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|