Curved Penis

I have an hourglass shaped penis with narrow part in the middle. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degr...  Read Full »

Why do my penis get curved during erection?

Query: Hi doctor, When flaccid my penis is 2.3 inches and sticks straight. When erect it points straight up to my chin and has a large curve back to my belly button. My erection feels tight. I am circumcised. I also have very tender testicles and after sex, my lower back hurts and so do my testicles.  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you say, it seems to be excessive upward curvature of penis (towards belly button). Though it is abnormal, no active treatment is necessary as long as you are able to have sexual intercourse. Only when it prevents sexual intercourse, treatment may be pursued. ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do urethroplasty in the distal penile urethra using EPA technique?

Query: Hello doctor, May I know if you have done urethroplasty in the distal penile urethra using the excision and primary anastomosis (EPA) technique? Are you personally familiar with any such case? If so, was the surgery successful? Did the surgery cause penile curvature? If so, how many degrees did it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am a Urologist and I have performed urethroplasties. But, excision and primary anastomosis is the procedure of choice only in short segment urethral strictures and they occur in the majority of traumatic urethral strictures that occur in the proximal urethra. Such a s...  Read Full »

How to correct a bent penis?

Query: Hi doctor, My penis is bent towards left a lot. It is like if straight is 90 degrees then it is bent for more than 45 degrees. Over the time this has curved more. I think that excessive masturbation might be one of the reasons. Please suggest any treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Firstly, there are no medications available to correct penile curvature. Only surgery like Nesbit procedure can be a remedy for this. However, if you do not get pain with erection and if there is no problem with intercourse then there ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for bending of penis other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is bend towards left. Will it affect my sexual life? Is there any medical treatment for it other than surgery? Is the shock wave therapy effective in Peyronie's disease? Will masturbation get the penis more bend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The penis is never straight. When it gets erected it is always been in curvature shape for effective intercourse. However, if you feel excess bending of the penis then Peyronie's disease should be suspected for which Collagenase clostridium histolyticum can be use...  Read Full »

What is the recovery time for the Nesbit procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old healthy male. Last month, I had undergone Nesbit plication surgery for congenital penile curvature. The surgery resulted in a deep wound that is not healing properly. I had the same surgery five years ago, and there was no wound at all. Now, it has been a month, and ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand that you have undergone plication surgery for penile curvature. After examining your wound site, I can tell you it is healing well. It is taking longer as y...  Read Full »

I Have A Short and Curved Penis. How to Boost My Libido

Query: Hello Doctor,  I have a short and curved penis. The curvature is towards left side. How can I make it straight? I want to increase its length by around 2 inches. How to boost my libido, stamina and erection time without any side effects? Are there any tablets or should I just follow a particula...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned you have curved penis towards left side. Curvature of the penis is one of the symptoms of peyronie's disease. But it needs to be corrected by medication or surgery only if you have pain after erection or if you are not able to perform sexual interc...  Read Full »

Why is my penis bent?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bent penis that causes pain and dissatisfaction. Please suggest me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A downward bent of the penis is an absolutely normal variation and is present in 15% - 30% of men. It will be a problem only when it is extremely bent and difficult to penetrate. Pain in the penis can be because of anxiety. If it has been since a long time, then there ...  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »