Curved Penis

Why do I have a curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old, and I want to ask that my penis is slightly curved downward when erected. I want my penis to be entirely straight. After urinating, I experience urine drops, which is very embarrassing for me, and some times precum without having any sexual thought.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for contacting us. I can understand you very well, and I am saddened by the fact that you are worried. However, I can reassure you that everything you describe is perfectly normal, especially in a young man like yourself. As to your slightly curved penis: yo...  Read Full »

Why does my penis look curved and bruised?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 99 percent sure that I have Peyronie's disease. I have ridges and a very mild bend, but I also noticed a big black and blue lump when I stretch the skin, and it is very long.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Peyronie’s disease is an inflammation, which leads to fibrosis of the tough deep layer of the penis, which is called tunica albuginea. It starts with inflammation and pain until it gets fibrosed stabilized and fixed, creating deformity a...  Read Full »

How to correct my downward curved penis and weak corpus spongiosum muscle to get a better erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have downward curved penis and the corpus spongiosum muscle is not hard erect during erection.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Down curvature of the penis is called chordee (ventral chordee). It is either congenital (since birth) or acquired developed later due to stricture or trauma. It is usually accompanied by shifting of the urethral opening. I need a picture of your penis and urethral op...  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

Can you straighten a curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have curved penis, which bends towards left side. The bend is on higher end than what it should be of normal one. I feel difficulty with intercourse. However, there is no pain during ejaculation. I did not have any injury. I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got significant curvature of the penis to the left side. This could be congenital or due to Peyronie's disease (scar tissue leading to bent penis). If it is causing difficulty in intercourse, then it needs to be surgically corrected either with Nesbit procedure o...  Read Full »

My son had circumcision and the penis looks horizontal instead of vertical. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to consult for my son. He is 6 years old and did circumcision last week on Thursday. His wound is getting better, but I discover an unusual thing. First, the line under his penis is not a straight line to the part. Second, the penis hole looks horizontal instead of vertical...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I noted the history you gave and reviewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think it is healing well. There is a slough on the penis which will be coming out soon. The hole of the penis is normal. What you need to do is, sitz ...  Read Full »

I have an hourglass shaped penis with narrow part in the middle. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degr...  Read Full »

Why do my penis get curved during erection?

Query: Hi doctor, When flaccid my penis is 2.3 inches and sticks straight. When erect it points straight up to my chin and has a large curve back to my belly button. My erection feels tight. I am circumcised. I also have very tender testicles and after sex, my lower back hurts and so do my testicles.  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you say, it seems to be excessive upward curvature of penis (towards belly button). Though it is abnormal, no active treatment is necessary as long as you are able to have sexual intercourse. Only when it prevents sexual intercourse, treatment may be pursued. ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do urethroplasty in the distal penile urethra using EPA technique?

Query: Hello doctor, May I know if you have done urethroplasty in the distal penile urethra using the excision and primary anastomosis (EPA) technique? Are you personally familiar with any such case? If so, was the surgery successful? Did the surgery cause penile curvature? If so, how many degrees did it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am a Urologist and I have performed urethroplasties. But, excision and primary anastomosis is the procedure of choice only in short segment urethral strictures and they occur in the majority of traumatic urethral strictures that occur in the proximal urethra. Such a s...  Read Full »

How to correct a bent penis?

Query: Hi doctor, My penis is bent towards left a lot. It is like if straight is 90 degrees then it is bent for more than 45 degrees. Over the time this has curved more. I think that excessive masturbation might be one of the reasons. Please suggest any treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Firstly, there are no medications available to correct penile curvature. Only surgery like Nesbit procedure can be a remedy for this. However, if you do not get pain with erection and if there is no problem with intercourse then there ...  Read Full »