Curved Penis

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is there any treatment to correct bent penis?

Query: Hi doctor, My penis is bent towards left a lot. It is like if straight is 90 degrees then it is bent for more than 45 degrees. Over the time this has curved more. I think that excessive masturbation might be one of the reasons. Please suggest any treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Firstly, there are no medications available to correct penile curvature. Only surgery like Nesbit procedure can be a remedy for this. However, if you do not get pain with erection and if there is no problem with intercourse then there ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for bending of penis other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis is bend towards left. Will it affect my sexual life? Is there any medical treatment for it other than surgery? Is the shock wave therapy effective in Peyronie's disease? Will masturbation get the penis more bend?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The penis is never straight. When it gets erected it is always been in curvature shape for effective intercourse. However, if you feel excess bending of the penis then Peyronie's disease should be suspected for which Collagenase clostridium histolyticum can be use...  Read Full »

What is the recovery time for the Nesbit procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old healthy male. Last month, I had undergone Nesbit plication surgery for congenital penile curvature. The surgery resulted in a deep wound that is not healing properly. I had the same surgery five years ago, and there was no wound at all. Now, it has been a month, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand that you have undergone plication surgery for penile curvature. After examining your wound site, I can tell you it is healing well. It is taking longer as y...  Read Full »

I Have A Short and Curved Penis. How to Boost My Libido

Query: Hello Doctor,  I have a short and curved penis. The curvature is towards left side. How can I make it straight? I want to increase its length by around 2 inches. How to boost my libido, stamina and erection time without any side effects? Are there any tablets or should I just follow a particula...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to As you have mentioned you have curved penis towards left side. Curvature of the penis is one of the symptoms of peyronie's disease. But it needs to be corrected by medication or surgery only if you have pain after erection or if you are not able to perform sexual interc...  Read Full »

Why is my penis bent?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bent penis that causes pain and dissatisfaction. Please suggest me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to A downward bent of the penis is an absolutely normal variation and is present in 15% - 30% of men. It will be a problem only when it is extremely bent and difficult to penetrate. Pain in the penis can be because of anxiety. If it has been since a long time, then there ...  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »

A part of my penis discolored after a reconstructive surgery. How to treat this?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had a reconstructive surgery on my penis for congenital penile curvature. I had some complications such as hematoma and scar leakage, but I am good now. When my penis healed, a part of it became brown/black (discoloration). Is there a way to reverse this discoloratio...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know what are all the creams you have tried? Was a skin graft used? If yes, was it a full thickness or split skin graft? And, is the discolored port...  Read Full »

I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. My penis seems to be working somewhat normally now, after about two weeks. It is still painful. There is a small indent on the underside of my penis that was not there before. I went to a doctor, and he said it was no...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to At the time of penile injury, was there any blood collection and swelling in that area? What kind of persistent pain you have? How is your erection now? From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you have a normal erection, which is ...  Read Full »

Will mechanical penis straightening devices fix Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently have come down with Peyronie's disease. Will the mechanical penis straightening devices fix this condition? I am 59 years old and I have never had this condition before. Also, it seems like this condition started when I started taking a Viagra lower cost substitute simply s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Firstly, the reason for developing Peyronie's is due to repeated microtrauma which slowly gets fibrosed. It takes many months to develop and it is not related to the change of medication. Secondly, for management, it depends on how severe the fibrosis is. Mechanical st...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.