Curved Penis

Is the painless downward erection of the penis dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29-year-old single male. I have a downward erection. I do not feel any pain during this. Is this normal? Kindly suggest me if it needs any treatment or medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is chordee possibly caused by Peyronie’s disease. It is usually painless once stable in your case. Usually, treatment depends on the degree of curvature: 1) No need for any treatment. 2) Injections of collagenase. 3) Shock wave. 4) Surgery. If I could h...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the curved penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffered an injury during intercourse. It was a slight amount of pain but subsided. I am still able to get and maintain an erection. However, a week or two after this has happened, my penis has seemed to have 'healed' with quite a large dent in the left-hand side or underneath, as wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Yes, injury to tunica albuginea can heal with fibrosis and cause curvature. The treatment depends on the degree of curvature and fibrosis. The treatment ranges from injections of collagenases to corrective surgery. Please send me the photos ...  Read Full »

I have a downward curve on the penis with difficulty in doing sex. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a downward curve on my penis. It seems that when I am erect the raphe on the underside is keeping it from being straight. It is not painful, but it does affect my sex life. I am unable to have sex in certain sexual positions such as missionary because of the tension on the undersid...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. It would be better if you can send me the images of your penis. I think you are talking about tight frenulum. There is no conservative or medical management. I suggest that you may require frenuloplasty. It is a minor surgery and so, no...  Read Full »

Why do I have a curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old, and I want to ask that my penis is slightly curved downward when erected. I want my penis to be entirely straight. After urinating, I experience urine drops, which is very embarrassing for me, and some times precum without having any sexual thought.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for contacting us. I can understand you very well, and I am saddened by the fact that you are worried. However, I can reassure you that everything you describe is perfectly normal, especially in a young man like yourself. As to your slightly curved penis: yo...  Read Full »

Why does my penis look curved and bruised?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 99 percent sure that I have Peyronie's disease. I have ridges and a very mild bend, but I also noticed a big black and blue lump when I stretch the skin, and it is very long.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. Peyronie’s disease is an inflammation, which leads to fibrosis of the tough deep layer of the penis, which is called tunica albuginea. It starts with inflammation and pain until it gets fibrosed stabilized and fixed, creating deformity a...  Read Full »

How to correct my downward curved penis and weak corpus spongiosum muscle to get a better erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have downward curved penis and the corpus spongiosum muscle is not hard erect during erection.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Down curvature of the penis is called chordee (ventral chordee). It is either congenital (since birth) or acquired developed later due to stricture or trauma. It is usually accompanied by shifting of the urethral opening. I need a picture of your penis and urethral op...  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

Can you straighten a curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have curved penis, which bends towards left side. The bend is on higher end than what it should be of normal one. I feel difficulty with intercourse. However, there is no pain during ejaculation. I did not have any injury. I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got significant curvature of the penis to the left side. This could be congenital or due to Peyronie's disease (scar tissue leading to bent penis). If it is causing difficulty in intercourse, then it needs to be surgically corrected either with Nesbit procedure o...  Read Full »

My son had circumcision and the penis looks horizontal instead of vertical. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to consult for my son. He is 6 years old and did circumcision last week on Thursday. His wound is getting better, but I discover an unusual thing. First, the line under his penis is not a straight line to the part. Second, the penis hole looks horizontal instead of vertical...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I noted the history you gave and reviewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think it is healing well. There is a slough on the penis which will be coming out soon. The hole of the penis is normal. What you need to do is, sitz ...  Read Full »

I have an hourglass shaped penis with narrow part in the middle. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degr...  Read Full »