Q. How to correct curved penis?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

I have curved penis, which bends towards left side. The bend is on higher end than what it should be of normal one. I feel difficulty with intercourse. However, there is no pain during ejaculation. I did not have any injury. I have attached the picture for your reference.

#

• You have got significant curvature of the penis to the left side. This could be congenital or due to Peyronie's disease (scar tissue leading to bent penis).
  • If it is causing difficulty in intercourse, then it needs to be surgically corrected either with Nesbit procedure or with a mucosal graft.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

What is the risk of getting operated? What is the time of recovery after operation?

#

• If done by an expert, then this is a very safe procedure without any major complication.
  • It usually takes 7 to 10 days to recover completely after the procedure.

| 

What could be the reason for sudden leak of amniotic fluid?

Query: Hi doctor, I have doubt on the thing which happened to me. When I was 33 weeks pregnant, suddenly one day my amniotic fluid started leaking. We rushed to the hospital, and I lost my baby. During pregnancy, my doctor conducted all the tests. My diabetes was negative, and my BP levels were also normal...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»