Q. I have a short and curved penis. How to boost my libido?

Dr. Ravi M Soni
Published on Aug 22, 2014 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2019

Hello Doctor, 

I have a short and curved penis. The curvature is towards left side. How can I make it straight? I want to increase its length by around 2 inches. How to boost my libido, stamina and erection time without any side effects? Are there any tablets or should I just follow a particular diet?

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• As you have mentioned you have curved penis towards left side.
  • Curvature of the penis is one of the symptoms of peyronie's disease.
  • But it needs to be corrected by medication or surgery only if you have pain after erection or if you are not able to perform sexual intercourse.
  • In mild cases, it does not cause any problem and resolves on its own with time. 
  • Mild case of peyronie's disease is very common.
  • So you need not have to worry.
  • Pleasure and satisfaction between sexual partners does not depend on the size and length of penis.
  • Size of the penis has nothing to do with sexual pleasure.
  • Actually the sensitive part of the vagina is just 2 inches from the opening.
  • The size of the penis is always more than 2 inches, so you need not have to worry about your sexual life.
  • You have not provided details regarding if you are married and sexually active with a partner.
  • Once you start active sexual life you will not face any problems.
  • It is just a myth that masturbation affects the size of penis.
  • Masturbation is healthy and it is not a bad habit.
  • It does not cause any physical weakness.
  • When you stop worrying about all these you can start concentrating in your sexual performance and gradually all your problems will go away without any active treatment.
  • The cause of low libido and erectile dysfunction at your age is mostly because of the psychological stress.
  • Try to deal with the stress effectively and your libido will improve.
  • Erection time can be improved by participating in long foreplay before going to the actual penetrating intercourse.
  • Medication should not be the initial treatment.
  • Medications should not be taken until all these measures have failed.

Advice:

• Try to overcome stress.
  • Start thinking positively.
  • Ignore false beliefs.
  • Take healthy diet rich in protein.
  • Go for regular exercises like walking, jogging, etc.
  • Try yoga and meditation.
  • Enjoy your hobbies.

After all these measures, if you really feel that your penis size is very small, then you can increase the size of penis by surgical means.

Consult a sexologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have erectile dysfunction and ejaculation problems. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My cum is not coming out by force or thrust. The cum is just flowing out of my penis. Three years earlier the cum was coming out by force or thrust. I am having erectile dysfunction may be since last two years or two and half years, and I was not having erectile disfunction earlier. I...  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now