Q. Is a curved penis normal or abnormal?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

My penis has a left curvature when erect. Is it normal, or whether I have to take any treatment? I also have red spots on my penis head, and it appears pinkish at the opening. Kindly help.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

The curvature on the penis can be corrected surgically by placating the opposite side of the curvature. There will be a little bit shortening of the penis, but it will be straight. This curvature does not prevent you from having sex or fathering a child. So it is fine to leave it as such.

The penis has ulceration from inside, and it could be sexually transmitted if you have unprotected sex in the last few months. I suggest taking STD (sexually transmitted disease) test, which is a urethral swab for gonococcal and chlamydia infections, a blood test for syphilis, herpes virus, and hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus.

If you did not have unprotected sex, you can apply Fucidin (Fusidic acid) cream twice daily, and it should heal in a week's time.

For any further queries, kindly revert to us.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

I have a few more queries.

Is the curvature normal? Can I straighten it a little bit without surgery? I did not have sex before. So will the curvature affect intercourse? Could you please suggest to me some cream available in my region?

Thanks.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

The curvature is abnormal. Medications will not resolve it. Injecting collagenases can be done. A urologist in your area may do that.

Fucidin cream is available in your area.

I hope you find the reply useful.

|