Q. My daughter underwent CXL eye surgery a month back. How long to continue the eye drops?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

My daughter Age 12 yr. has gone under CXL Eye surgery a month back. Due to lock down its not possible to consult the doctor, I would request kindly advise, till when we have to continue these eye drops. (from 27 days ) we are continuing (Vigamox-Moxifloacin Ophthalmic solution IP 0.5% W/V 3times a day and Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops IP 5times a day) how long we have to continue this or what other basic precaution should we follow please help..If it possible I would like to consult from you either video/audio.

#

Hi. Good afternoon.

I hope you doing well.

Most probably CXL done for keratoconus. usually post op antibiotics drop (vigamox) are prescribed for 4-6 weeks so you can continue vigamox 2-3 times a day till 6 weeks. Second drop is lubricant/ artificial tear that can be used long term to avoid dry eyes. so continue that till you ger re-examined by a doctor. if there is no redness/pain or any other problem nothing to worry about. after CXL you would need long term follow up to assess that disease is stable or still progressive. for that your de may advise Topography scan after 6 months or 1 yearly.

So stay at home, stay safe. You are most welcome for any queries. GOD BLESS YOU

|