Q. Can you suggest a cream or an ointment for dark circles?

Dr. Shikha
Published on Jul 26, 2016

I am a 24 year old male. I have severe hyperpigmentation around eyes. My eyes always feel tired. Also, I have this white mucus in my eyes daily when I wake up. Please help.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I can understand your concern.

• For extreme hyperpigmentation, I will suggest you take appropriate sleep for 7 to 8 hours.
  • Are you working continuously for long time?
  • You may be having dry eyes. Do warm compresses and use lubricant eye drops three times a day.

Revert back with the answers to the above question to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I do sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours. My working hours are normally from 9 AM to 6 PM. Also, I take some break in between while working on a computer. My skin around eyes is getting darker. My friends say that my eyes look like some kind of drug addict, which makes me depressed. Can you suggest some kind of treatment or cream to reduce this?

Dr. Shikha

#

• Improve your diet. Try to include green vegetables in your diet.
  • You can take Vitamin B complex capsules for a month once a day.
  • Yes, do not get depressed with your friends comments. When you become depressed, your dark circles will increase. It will become a vicious cycle.
  • Again, I will enforce you to improve your diet. You can also try to visit to a nearby beauty parlor and get some routine eye mask and massage.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Can you suggest me a cream or an ointment to reduce this? This is not a temporary one. I have this for some months now. Also, I think it is due to my history of eye problems. I used to have very itchy eyes in my teenage. So, I used to rub them vigorously. It started slowly, but now the darkness of the eyes has become more prominent. I need a way to at least reduce it to some level. Please help me.

Dr. Shikha

#

• Do you use glasses? Do you still have itchy eyes? Are you already using any eye drops for anything?
  • Please consult a dermatologist for physical evaluation and get a cream prescribed.
  • I will still suggest you to take vitamin supplements for at least a month.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every coin h...  Read Article

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article