Q. Can you suggest a cream or an ointment for dark circles?

Answered by
Dr. Shikha
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 24 year old male. I have severe hyperpigmentation around eyes. My eyes always feel tired. Also, I have this white mucus in my eyes daily when I wake up. Please help.



Welcome to

I can understand your concern.

  • For extreme hyperpigmentation, I will suggest you take appropriate sleep for 7 to 8 hours.
  • Are you working continuously for long time?
  • You may be having dry eyes. Do warm compresses and use lubricant eye drops three times a day.

Revert back with the answers to the above question to an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

I do sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours. My working hours are normally from 9 AM to 6 PM. Also, I take some break in between while working on a computer. My skin around eyes is getting darker. My friends say that my eyes look like some kind of drug addict, which makes me depressed. Can you suggest some kind of treatment or cream to reduce this?



Welcome back to

  • Improve your diet. Try to include green vegetables in your diet.
  • You can take Vitamin B complex capsules for a month once a day.
  • Yes, do not get depressed with your friends comments. When you become depressed, your dark circles will increase. It will become a vicious cycle.
  • Again, I will enforce you to improve your diet. You can also try to visit to a nearby beauty parlor and get some routine eye mask and massage.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

Can you suggest me a cream or an ointment to reduce this? This is not a temporary one. I have this for some months now. Also, I think it is due to my history of eye problems. I used to have very itchy eyes in my teenage. So, I used to rub them vigorously. It started slowly, but now the darkness of the eyes has become more prominent. I need a way to at least reduce it to some level. Please help me.



Welcome back to

  • Do you use glasses? Do you still have itchy eyes? Are you already using any eye drops for anything?
  • Please consult a dermatologist for physical evaluation and get a cream prescribed.
  • I will still suggest you to take vitamin supplements for at least a month.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?

She is not able to sleep properly ... She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night ...   Read full

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

.. syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (H...   Read full

Will fasting and lack of sleep cause delirium?

Hello doctor, Can delirium be caused by fasting and lack of sleep ... Hospital advised Benedryl to help sleep and to encourage food an...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sexual Problems and Depression
Depression is one of the commonest psychiatric problems in the general population. About 10 % of men and more than doubl...  Read more»
Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
Skin Care Tips To Win Over Winter
This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.