Q. Can you suggest a cream or an ointment for dark circles?

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2020

I am a 24 year old male. I have severe hyperpigmentation around eyes. My eyes always feel tired. Also, I have this white mucus in my eyes daily when I wake up. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern.

• For extreme hyperpigmentation, I will suggest you take appropriate sleep for 7 to 8 hours.
  • Are you working continuously for long time?
  • You may be having dry eyes. Do warm compresses and use lubricant eye drops three times a day.

Revert back with the answers to the above question to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I do sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours. My working hours are normally from 9 AM to 6 PM. Also, I take some break in between while working on a computer. My skin around eyes is getting darker. My friends say that my eyes look like some kind of drug addict, which makes me depressed. Can you suggest some kind of treatment or cream to reduce this?

#

• Improve your diet. Try to include green vegetables in your diet.
  • You can take Vitamin B complex capsules for a month once a day.
  • Yes, do not get depressed with your friends comments. When you become depressed, your dark circles will increase. It will become a vicious cycle.
  • Again, I will enforce you to improve your diet. You can also try to visit to a nearby beauty parlor and get some routine eye mask and massage.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Can you suggest me a cream or an ointment to reduce this? This is not a temporary one. I have this for some months now. Also, I think it is due to my history of eye problems. I used to have very itchy eyes in my teenage. So, I used to rub them vigorously. It started slowly, but now the darkness of the eyes has become more prominent. I need a way to at least reduce it to some level. Please help me.

#

• Do you use glasses? Do you still have itchy eyes? Are you already using any eye drops for anything?
  • Please consult a dermatologist for physical evaluation and get a cream prescribed.
  • I will still suggest you to take vitamin supplements for at least a month.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|