Q. There is no change in my dark complexion even after using Maxiliv injections. Should I increase the dose?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I am a 29-year-old male. I have a dark brown complexion. I am taking Maxiliv injection IV twice in a week for four months to lighten my skin. But till now there is no change. Why I am not getting any result. I do not expose myself in sunlight and use sunscreen also. I want to know about glutathione effect only. Do I need to increase the dose?

#

It is not necessary that every individual responds to glutathione injections. Effects vary from one individual to the other. If there is no response even after 10 doses, then you should stop treatment. It would not be of any use. Glutathione is not permanent lightening agent. An alternative procedure like peels can be considered for face and if necessary for arms. Or Q switched Nd YAG laser for the face it reduced pigmentation. Rest all measures you are already aware of I suppose.

My doctor told me that changes would be seen only when body glutathione level reaches more than enough and takes over 20 injections. Now I am taking doses on my own as I received more than 30 injections so far. What will happen if I take oral glutathione along? I desperately want to improve complexion a little bit.

#

As I mentioned earlier if there is no visible response, then you should stop using glutathione. Please do not take injections on your own they need to be carefully administered because it can have side effects. I would not advice oral glutathione when intravenous injections did not respond. Please consider other treatment available like peels, mesotherapy, and Q switched lasers for a better complexion.

|