Q. Could you please help me lighten the darkness around my lips?

Dr. John Bocachica
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I see it is a little dark in color at the ends of my lips, so I applied honey and sugar mix on the dark area. It has now become even darker. So I started using Neutrogena fine fairness cream for lightening the dark color. After applying the cream, my entire skin started becoming red, and I also have a little burning sensation, so I started rubbing with ice cubes. And I also applied aloe vera gel and Boroplus antiseptic cream, but I could still see my skin red, and a little burning sensation is still present. Could you please tell me any home remedy for this or any ointment which could reduce the burning sensation and lighten the darkness around my lips?

#

Darkness around the lips is most common in people who are naturally darker and have quite a bit of sun exposure. Nothing darkens the skin as much as sun exposure does. I would recommend that you use sunscreen SPF 30 or higher regularly, regardless of whether it is sunny or not. Hydroquinone bleaching creams may help, but you have to be careful because anything beyond 4% can cause the opposite effect and dark in the lines even more.

|