Q. Could you please help me lighten the darkness around my lips?

Dr. John Bocachica
At the ends of my lips i see it is little dark in color so i applied honey and sugar mix on the dark area.. it now became even more darker .. so i started applying neutrogena fine fairness cream for lightening the dark color.. after applying the cream my entire skin started becoming red and i also have little burning sensation so i started rubbing with ice cubes and i also applied aloevera gel and also boroplus antiseptic cream but still i could see my skin red and little burning sensation is still present. Could you please tell me any home remedy for this or any ointment which could reduce burning sensation and lighten the darkness around my lips  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. John Bocachica

Dermatology
# Hello.
Darkness around the lips is most common in people who are naturally darker complexion and who have quite a bit of sun exposure. Nothing darkens the skin as much sun exposure does. The first thing I would recommend is that you use a sunscreen SPF 30 or higher on a regular basis regardless of whether it’s sunny or not.
Hydroquinone bleaching cream’s may help but you have to be careful because anything beyond 4% can cause the opposite effect and dark in the lines even more

| 

I Want A Fair Skin. Can I Use Skinlite Cream To Get A Fair And Glowing Skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very dark skin. One of my friends used skinlite cream and she has turned very fair. Can I also use that cream to get a fair and glowing skin?  I really want a fair skin. I am just tired of my skin. Please help me doctor.  Read Full »

Vomiting and Diarrhea

Article Overview: Vomiting and diarrhea are the most common symptoms of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis), but there are many other causes. It is not always serious and gets better in a couple of days.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Vomiting and diarrhea are the most common symptoms of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis), but there are many other causes. It is not always serious and gets better in a couple of days. Rest and drinking fluids to prevent dehydration are the only treatment that is needed, but it is not always true. ...  Read Article

How can I get rid of marks on my chin?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a burn on my chin before 20 days. The marks are not going. What should I need to apply? Please suggest.  Read Full »