Common "Dark Patch On Penis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Dark Patch On Penis

A dark patch on the penis is termed penile melanosis, which is a benign condition. Small dark patches form on the penis due to melanin (brown pigments) accumulating at one side of the skin, causing hyperpigmentation. It is a painless brown or black colored patch and is around one to two centimeters in length. No treatment is required, but laser therapy can be done if someone wants to get rid of it.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 19-year-old boy with dark penis skin. Could it be due to masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male with a masturbation habit. The skin in some areas of my penis has darkened, especially where I hold it during masturbation. I assume it is purely due to friction, but I was wondering if there is something I can do to make the skin go back to normal. Can it turn ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. Masturbation is common; 95% of men engage in it to have sex on their own without a companion. It is a good practice, as it: 1. It helps to relieve stress. 2. Boosts mood. 3. Improves sleep. 4. Helps prevent d...  Read Full »

Can balanitis cause itching and white patches on the foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 99 % sure it is balanitis, but to make sure, I really need your help. I have had the following complaints for the past month, white patches, dark reddish patches on the glans, a slightly foul smell, and itching on the foreskin sometimes. Kindly help me out with if it is balanitis....  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern. Yes, it is candidial balanoposthitis (balanitis). Inflammation or white patches with dryness is visible. The cause could be a yeast infection, improper genital hygiene, or not drying the area after cleaning. Use...  Read Full »

Recently, I noted an ashy dark patch on the foreskin of my penis. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old male. Recently I discovered an ashy dark patch on the foreskin glance, right next to the urinal. Could you please let me know the cause? Is it something I have to be concerned about?  Read Full »

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I saw your picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) and I think it is chronic eczema. Better assessments can be done if you add more photos for all sides of your penis. Until you upload them, I suggest you not rub or scratch the area, do not le...  Read Full »

I have a persistent red patch on my penis despite applying corticosteroid ointment. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a red patch on my penis head for the past few weeks. There is mild itching, and the patch is not going even after applying corticosteroid ointment to the affected area. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. I went through the images (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It seems you are suffering from Zoon’s balanitis. It is a benign non-cancerous lesion, which presents as an erythematous pl...  Read Full »

I have developed some scaly, blackish, thick layer on both sides of my glans penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I developed some scaly blackish, thick layer on both sides of my glans penis nearly four months ago. I consulted a dermatologist, and he said it is balanitis due to bacteria and fungus. He prescribed creams like Clotrimazole, Fucidin, and Lulifin. I continued applying it for a month b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). The area appears a little thickened and pigmented. This is called lichenification. It results from any itchy or repeated frictional activity or infection. Right now, there doe...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.