Q. I got dry gray spots after sunbath and it is quite uncomfortable. What to do?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have dry gray spots. After sunbath I got this and is uncomfortable while reading.

Do you have a question on Dark Spots or Hyperpigmentation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Payal Chauhan

MBBS., MD
Dermatology Venereology

I understand that you are concerned. But the picture attached is quite blurry. Kindly send a clear and well-focused photograph to help you better.

I have attached the file.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

MBBS., MD
Dermatology Venereology

Thanks for sharing the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Looks like post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I cannot appreciate any erythema, just a bit dry and hypopigmented. Use the following medications for two weeks.

1. Cream Mometasone apply once in the morning.

2. Cream Kojic acid once at night.

Use sun protection and regular sunscreens.

Also Read Answers From: Dark Spots Hyperpigmentation Sunbath

What should I do to reduce the hyperpigmentation and dark circles under my eyes?
Query: Hello doctor, I had undergone a Co2 laser treatment around my eyes about three and half years ago. Now, I am left with dark circles under the eyes along with hyperpigmentation and redness. About one and half weeks back, the doctor prescribed me a cream that has Kojic acid 1%, Glycolic acid 5%, Beta...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reviewed the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you a moderately potent topical steroid like Fluticasone propionate 0.05% cream, twice daily for a few days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with h...  Read Full »

Is there a way to remove the wrinkles and dark spots from neck?
Query: Hi doctor, I have these dark spots and wrinkles behind my neck. I am a little chubby but what should I do to remove them? It does not burn or anything. I have had KT for more than two years. Is there a way to remove the wrinkles and the dark spots?  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly let me know your age. With increasing body weight there is an increase in pigmentation in body folds plus wrinkles as you are saying. Try to maintain your body weight in good and healthy limits. It will improve dark spots and wrinkles. For dark spots apply Vitamin ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Ostocalcium and Cholecalciferol together to a baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 months old. She weighs 8 kg now. When she was 5 months old, her pediatrician suggested the following: 2-0-2 mL of Ostocalcium per day and one Cholecalciferol IP 60000 IU granules per month, from 5 month to 12 month of age that means 8 dosages in 8 month. Now my question...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These calcium and vitamin D supplements are important to combat vitamin D deficiency that is important for our growing bones. You can stop Cholecalciferol sachets but continue Calcium in the form of Ostocalcium or whatever you are giving. Take other precautions for exampl...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now