Q. Why have I got dark pigmentation under eyes after using face cream?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I got dark pigmentation below my eyes which extends till the side face also, I got the marks after using the cream suggested by a skin doctor. The dark patches are in both sides of my eyes. I tried Vitamin C VC+15 Serum, it also did not work for me. Currently, I consulted another doctor, he prescribed me Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone cream.

#

Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone combination is not meant for pigmentation and therefore should not be used for this condition. It is an antifungal preparation. I would suggest you to use a Kojic acid based cream like Kojic cream, twice daily. The cream you are using is too irritant to be used on periorbital skin.

I would suggest you to try a few sessions of Glycolic acid chemical peeling along with topical treatment. Also, use a broad spectrum sunscreen like Neutrogena dry touch ultrasheer sunscreen, throughout the day.

|