Q. I suffer from OCD and have decreased interest and suicidal thoughts even after medication. Why?

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat
Published on Nov 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

I have been suffering from OCD and took medication for around five months prescribed by a psychiatrist. Now I am somewhat managing the OCD, but at the same time, I have depression also. Now I lost interest in all things and feel like doing a job, earn money and living in a middle-class life who have to work all the life battling that anxious thought, never-ending though and always being cautious to not make act abnormal in a public place. I am totally tired and gave up hope of living life. Now, most of the time I have suicidal thoughts and find unworthy of life and social meetings. I am detached from my family and I hate them as they do not take my illness seriously.

Consumed drugs: Flunil 20 mg to 80 mg and Zapiz 0.25. Please help.

#

Depression is comorbid most of the time with OCD (occlusive compulsive disorder) because it is a very frustrating condition when you do not have control over your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and control yourself to engage in it, then it is a very good indication. Now start to engage in other activities, physical exercise and a job as you wanted. Do not get hopeless, and remember one thing that God helps those, who help themselves. You can start with Clomipramine 25 mg and build up as guided. Psychotherapy will be more beneficial and will work as an adjuvant.

When needed.

Why am I having suicidal thoughts and nervous breakdown?

Query: Hi doctor, I was injured at work before four years and till date I have not received any treatment. In the course of trying to get medical help, I have been suffering with severe pain and have been on strong pain medication for over three years. I also had two surgeries earlier for disc herniation. ...  Read Full »

Can my OCD get cured with lower dose of medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have brain lesion in the left temporal lobe size 0.9 mm as found in brain MRI. I had seizure twice two years ago. I am also suffering from OCD. Fluoxetine 40 mg has been very effective in treating OCD, but caused memory problem, speech problem and lack of concentration. When can I lower...  Read Full »

How to deal with suicidal thought and fear of death while driving?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am having suicidal thoughts and not able to get into a parking space. I am a new driver, and I am scared that I will die while driving. I also feel like I am low than other people. I am having this problem for a several years. I have OCD, depression, and genera...  Read Full »