Q. Does nootropic drug come under addictive drugs?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2021

My son is not so good at education and not showing active interest. Does nootropic drug help to improve? He has asthma. He is not taking any medications now and uses an inhaler. He is 14 years old and studying in grade 9. Do nootropics come under the category of addictive drugs? Can we use it for some time and stop? I need your help with brain boosters. I appreciate any help you can provide.

#

You can use nootropics (cognitive enhancers), but most probably it would not help. Also, they are not habit forming and you can stop them anytime. Rather than nootropic drugs, you can try some physical methods like behavior modification. It is better if you find his interests and stimulate him accordingly. Make his education more interesting by showing him videos and different places. I think the pharmacological treatment would not help much in this case.

You can revert in case of any further queries.

|