Common "Cognitive Difficulty" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Cognitive Difficulty

Cognitive difficulty or cognitive impairment is when a person finds it challenging to learn new things, concentrate, or make decisions. The symptoms can be mild to severe. In mild cases, the person will be able to carry daily activities even with the impairment, but in severe cases, they find it difficult to live independently.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am experiencing certain cognitive challenges. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old female, and I have been experiencing certain cognitive challenges, such as memory lapses, difficulty concentrating, and occasional confusion, which have raised concerns about my cognitive function. I believe it is essential to address these concerns and explore poten...  Read Full »

Dr. Vipul Chelabhai Prajapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Based on the symptoms you've described, it appears that you may be experiencing depression or pseudo-dementia. Stress and tension seem to be affecting your concentration. To enhance cognitive function, consider incorporating daily exercise ...  Read Full »

I am trying to learn more about Alzheimer's disease. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to learn more about Alzheimer's disease so that I may better support my grandfather, who has been diagnosed with it. He forgets his usual routine and even fails to recognize our kin. We are a little worried about it. Could you tell me how Alzheimer's disease progresses and whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Seyedaidin Sajedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I am so sorry for what your grandfather is going through. According to your description, your grandfather is in the mild to moderate stage of dementia. Each person’s experience with Alzheimer’s is unique, and the progression may vary. Howeve...  Read Full »

I recently underwent a 48-hour electroencephalogram and have been diagnosed with non-convulsive epilepsy. How can this affect my cognitive skills?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently underwent a 48-hour EEG (electroencephalogram) and received a report stating that I have non-convulsive epilepsy. I would like to have a better understanding of how this condition is impacting my cognitive skills and overall awareness. While I am satisfied with the diagnosi...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to gather some additional information about your condition: When did you first notice the onset of your symptoms? Could you please provide a detailed description of your symptoms? Have you experienced any seizures in the past or had episodes of...  Read Full »

I do not understand what others say. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem in understanding what others are saying. I can hear sound but cannot understand words. I have done hearing test many times in the hospital recommended by the doctor but the doctor always said that my ear is fine. This problem is there always. I do not understand what o...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your problem is not related to hearing loss, nor it is high-frequency hearing loss if your audiogram is normal. It is related to a problem in one center in your brain which makes you understand what other person speaks. I would advise you to consult a neuro physician for ...  Read Full »

When will Modafinil improve my concentration?

Query: Hi, I am taking tablets Prodep 60mg, Modalert 200mg, Oleanz 5mg. I know you would not recommend me Modalert 200mg, but I have tried it as I am much concerned about concentration and cognitive enhancement. By god's grace now Modalert 200mg suits me and there are no side effects as such. Moreover, I f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I am happy to know that you are improving in some domains and started considering your health as a priority.  At the same time I congratulate you that you are able to overcome all the nonsense ideas which sometime creep into your brain. When I recommended Modalert 200mg...  Read Full »

Why do I feel that my senses have dulled?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a period of time in my life recently where I was depressed and unmotivated. I have always had some forms of anxiety from time to time as well. More recently, however, I began to make strides to come out of my depression and started being happy and living life again, but I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Nene Devavrat Harihar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your symptoms, I understand thatyou have problem encoding short-term memories and processing information. To know this better, I need to know few things. 1. Have you had any seizures in the childhood associated with fever? 2. Do you misplace things? 3. Is it diff...  Read Full »

I have multiple symptoms that are getting worse. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from a variety of symptoms that is becoming worse for more than 10 years, and I have spent a majority of the past eight months in hospital. Various diagnoses have been put forward within the last six months, all of which have eventually been discarded. I have under...  Read Full »

Dr. Ambekar Sudheer

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Can you possibly upload MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) images and other reports including ophthalmic evaluation, hormonal profile, and electrolytes profile? Your list of symptoms is fairly large and does not appear to be related to a simple p...  Read Full »

Can schizoaffective disorder treatment cause memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and was treated with Zyprexa. After a while, it turned out that I have neutropenia as a side effect. So, I was given Lithium about half a year ago. Now, instead of Zyprexa, I am taking Ridazin for the last three weeks. What are the side effect...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have been prescribed Thioridazine, an antipsychotic along with Lithium as a mood stabilizer. Memory loss is possibly because of the cognitive impairment as a part of your illness. Neither of these drugs causes memory loss. Try practicing memory games often and you cou...  Read Full »

I have anxiety and feel low. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am not on any medicicnes but yes I have tried before. I am very active, successful and driven. My world is just a dark place and I really do not know why. There is no reason for it to be, but it just is. It has gotten worse over the years and now I cannot deal with the anxiety, I ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I am sorry to hear about this, I can understand how hard it is for you right now. Personal beliefs and thoughts are formed through our experiences, social background, parenting and family structure., during our childhood. As you have mentioned, that you have always felt...  Read Full »

Do nootropic drugs fall under addictive medications?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is not so good at education and not showing active interest. Does nootropic drug help to improve? He has asthma. He is not taking any medications now and uses an inhaler. He is 14 years old and studying in grade 9. Do nootropics come under the category of addictive drugs? Can we u...  Read Full »

Dr. Satpute Ganeshkumar Suresh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can use nootropics (cognitive enhancers), but most probably it would not help. Also, they are not habit forming and you can stop them anytime. Rather than nootropic drugs, you can try some physical methods like behavior modification. It is better if you find his int...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.