Q. Why am I feeling sad and do not feel like doing anything often?

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

I am a male. For a while, I have been feeling very down like I do not feel happy. I feel sad but then after a while, I feel alright. Then I feel sad again. Sometimes, I wanna be left alone, sometimes, I wish I had more people and I think about self-harm a lot and I cannot cry easily but when I cry, I cry a lot and I do not feel like eating but when I do I crave a lot of food. Then I will not eat properly for a few days. I have an interest in playing games but I do not even feel like playing games or doing anything.

#

It is good that your weight, height, BMI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are within normal limits and age is appropriate. No such stress factor has been described by you. Is there any stress and mental trauma that troubles you or any situation that creates stress? You described all symptoms going towards major depressive episode. In depression, the person wants to live alone and have decreased interest in pleasurable activities and suicidal thoughts are also present.

The first thing you should do is discuss your problem and start talking. Never let yourself free, try to be busy in other activities. Start regular physical exercise. It increases endogenous opiates like Endorphins. Start medications.

T3, T4, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).

Major depressive episode.

Start medication and behavior therapy.

Avoid loneliness.

|