Q. Why am I not having any interest and feeling hopeless after retirement?

Answered by Dr. K V Anand and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Decreased Interest or Hopelessness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I find this difficult to explain. I wake from sleep and have to work to get back. I have lost interest in all activities, feel hopeless and empty. I can do things around the house and drive but these take a lot of effort. I just do not feel myself. I at 63, have just retired and I just do not feel anything. I have had dark thoughts too.