I am a 23-year-old male. I used to have a normal dental bite, but, somehow I have a deep bite. Maybe, due to excessive grinding or weak gums. I want some answers regarding the deep bite.
1) Will deep bite affect my facial development? Like lower and upper jaw development.
2) Is having a deep bite mean a decrease in the vertical dimension of the face? If yes, How can I regain it?
3) How can it be treated?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I went through your query.
Deep bite is a malocclusion in which the upper front teeth excessively overlap the bottom front teeth. A deep bite may impact the facial integrity, damages the teeth leading to attrition and sensitivity. So to answer your queries - Kindly upload an image of your facial profile (face) to determine the effect of a deep bite. Also, another image, keeping the jaw closed and lips wide open to understand the extent of deep bite. Upload these images as soon as possible.
1) Since you are already 23 years of age, no further jaw development takes place. But if you want me to judge the current situation, I need an image that I have mentioned. Kindly upload. I cannot comment specifically without seeing.
2) Yes, absolutely, the vertical height of the face reduces. By your image, the amount of reduction will be identified. I need an image for that reason. I would walk you through the management. Generally, orthodontic treatment is applicable. But specifics from your image will help be determine whether you need a bite plate or not, or traditional braces or Invisalign will be fine. All this information will be answered by looking at the image. Kindly upload as soon as possible.
3) There are treatment modalities by orthodontic treatment. I can help when I see the image. How complicated will it be or not? What time would it take to cure all this information depends upon the nature of tooth arrangement.
Use Hiora K mouthwash, Vantej toothpaste if sensitive tooth.
I hope it helped. I will be waiting for the image kindly do not delay.
Let me know if any further queries. I am here to help.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening of teeth occurs), spacing between teeth, non-vital ... Read fullWhat can be done for moblitiy and pain in tooth due to biting hard?
.. gone through your question. I can understand your concern. The loosing of your teeth can be because of biting on hard object or fruit. You need to restrict yourself from eating things that may loosen them more. If the loosing happen on its own it ... Read fullIs it possible to correct my farly placed lower jaw through braces?
Other things-class III and mouth breathing correction to be finalized clinically seeing intraorally or intraoral pictures-things to be corrected as already mentioned ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Orthodontist Now