iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologydelayed conceptionDoes enlarged spleen and liver cause issues in pregnancy?

Can enlarged spleen and liver affect my pregnancy?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 31, 2016
Reviewed AtDecember 29, 2023

Patient's Query

I had a miscarriage 7 months ago. I have been trying to conceive since then. I consulted the doctor and was prescribed to have several tests. My USG report says that I have an enlarged spleen and liver. Also, my uterus is bulky. But, the doctor advised me to try to conceive and prescribed some medicine. I bleed heavily during my periods. Please help me and tell me if I can try to conceive with enlarged spleen and liver. Thank you.

The reason for enlarged liver and spleen is going to be a different one and not related to pregnancy and conceiving. But, it can affect. Consult a physician first. If he says you require treatment, then take it first and try to find the cause behind the enlargement. Do a liver function test, hemogram and other tests asked by doctor to find the cause. After that you can try for pregnancy. With bulky uterus, you will bleed more. But, probably it will come to normal after normal liver and spleen. If you are bleeding more and it is affecting your health, then you have to take medicines for that. Do consult your physician with all the reports and with examination things will get clear.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Mavani Jimesh Himatbhai
Dr. Mavani Jimesh Himatbhai

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy