Q. Can enlarged spleen and liver affect my pregnancy?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 22, 2021

I had a miscarriage 7 months ago. I have been trying to conceive since then. I consulted the doctor and was prescribed to have several tests. My USG report says that I have an enlarged spleen and liver. Also, my uterus is bulky. But, the doctor advised me to try to conceive and prescribed some medicine. I bleed heavily during my periods. Please help me and tell me if I can try to conceive with enlarged spleen and liver. Thank you.

#

The reason for enlarged liver and spleen is going to be a different one and not related to pregnancy and conceiving. But, it can affect.

Consult a physician first. If he says you require treatment, then take it first and try to find the cause behind the enlargement.

Do a liver function test, hemogram and other tests asked by doctor to find the cause. After that you can try for pregnancy.

With bulky uterus, you will bleed more. But, probably it will come to normal after normal liver and spleen.

If you are bleeding more and it is affecting your health, then you have to take medicines for that. Do consult your physician with all the reports and with examination things will get clear.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|