Enlarged Liver

Is hepatocellular disease a general term for liver damage?

Query: Hi doctor, I received the following results from an ultrsound: Diffusely increased echogenicity of the liver consistent with chronic hepatocellular disease. The presence of focal sparing in the gallbladder fossa indicates that this is at least in part related to fatty infiltration. When I searched ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Still, it is not confirmed that it is cancerous or not, so do not worry. Yeah, there are changes in liver tissue which can be suspected as liver cirrhosis or fatty liver disease. And to specifically say about it, yo...  Read Full »

Does my occasional sharp chest pain with abdominal discomfort indicate heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have occasional sharp upper chest pain. I also have right upper abdominal pain with a burning sensation. I have attached my MRI report. Please explain. I am currently on Albuterol, and my ALT and AST levels are also high.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is an over distended gallbladder and no obvious gallbladder stones. The common bile duct is measuring 4 to 5 mm in diameter in its course and is in the normal range. There are no ar...  Read Full »

How to reduce excess weight due to liver enlargement?

Query: Hello doctor, I am fat. My weight was 130 kg and I reduced 15 kg in five months. I was having alcohol and smoking for almost 8-10 years. I had an ultrasound where liver is enlarged more than 20 cm and I had a fibroscan as well 353 and 18.1 median, kpa. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how upset you must be about your overweight and liver issues. Well, I assume you now have a thorough idea of how this weight bears an impact on your liver. And with such amount of weight it is not uncommon to have a fatty liver disease with enlargement ...  Read Full »

Is there any problem with occasional liver enlargement with raised bilirubin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with some health issues for three years. I had an ultrasound before showing my spleen was mildly enlarged to 12.8 cm. Since then I have had on and off spleen enlargements. Last week I had an ultrasound with again a mild spleen enlargement at 12.8 cm. Sometimes the s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are safe. I reviewed your doctor's report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). While I can understand your concern, but as of there is no one pick and choose a reason for your case. To be frank, I am not bothered by your spleen size or liver ...  Read Full »

Please suggest remedy for enlarged liver.

Query: Hello doctor, My liver is borderline enlarged 155 mm with increased echotexture. There is mild prostatomegaly with insignificant postvoid residual volume. I am currently on Udiliv 300 mg. Kindly suggest some remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know regarding your clinical symptoms if any. Did you do any blood tests, blood counts, and liver function tests? For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon  Read Full »

I am getting regular chest pain and my liver enzymes are high. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I had hepatitis A last year while I was five months pregnant. Normal liver tests were done in the sixth month. My liver enzymes were high again before a month. Still, I have mild jaundice, tiredness, and itching. History of the bad liver in the family. Reflux and chest pains regularly...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CT findings state that the liver is enlarged. No focal lesions are seen. The portal vein and the branches appear prominent. The splenic vein is also tortuous. However, the spleen is normal in size. These findings are concerning for portal hypertension. Further ev...  Read Full »

Why is there enlarged liver in an anemic and hypothyroidism patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my mother's ultrasound done today. She is a 39-year-old anemia patient admitted to the hospital. She has hypothyroidism from the last 12 years and is overweighed and obese. Her ultrasound shows 19 cm liver from the mid-clavicular line with increased echogenicity. Is this somethi...  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I can say that she has hepatosplenomegaly probably due to fatty liver disease. This is why to my opinion she needs to do liver enzyme tests like AST, ALT, GGT and alkaline phospha...  Read Full »

My ultrasound reports say 'bulky liver'. How can I get treated for that?

Query: Hello doctor,My SGOT level is 146, total bilirubin is 2.7, globulin is 4.5 and GGTP is 406. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your reports, I see your SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) is elevated, and so are bilirubin and GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase), while the albumin level is normal. It suggests that you have hepatitis. In your case, as you are overweight and p...  Read Full »

Kindly look into my ultrasound and provide a detailed report.

Query: Hello doctor, Please provide a detailed report for my ultrasound. I am attaching the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmesh Jain

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. B mode technique, gray scale sonographic images interpreted along with a few color Doppler images. Excessive bowel gases limit adequate evaluation especially of the retroperitoneum. Liver:  The liver is mildly enlarged in size spanning 17.70 cm craniocaudally. It is n...  Read Full »

I have enlarged liver with grade 3 fatty changes. Is it life threatening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old and have been diagnosed with an enlarged liver showing fatty changes grade-3. Is it life threatening?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fatty liver change is a progressive condition that leads to liver cirrhosis after years if not managed properly. Risk factors include obesity, high cholesterol, and alcohol. Please provide me with your alcohol intake history and your lipid profile and liver functio...  Read Full »