Q. From my scan report, can you tell me if I can conceive?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2020

I am 24 years old and married for 4 years now. I am 5.2 and obese. This is my scan report. Can you please tell me if I can conceive this month? I previously had PCOS. Currently, I am using ayurveda medicines. I heard that delayed ovulation rupture does not cause pregnancy. Also, my husband has teratospermia. Please check the attached documents of follicular study and semen analysis and suggest the needful.

#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Since your husband has teratospermia (sperm with abnormal morphology), he will have to meet andrologist and get started with medications.

• For you, I suggest Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements daily. Also, take plenty of fluids, vegetables, fruits and iron-rich foods.
  • Avoid oily and spicy food. Start with exercise and yoga.
  • You may need IVF or ICSI that is in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is there a chance for me to conceive this month? If so, what are the precautions to be taken? I had a chemical pregnancy before three months. Can I eat more of oranges and apples? Should I eat anything which causes heat to the body or cold? Should I drink a lot of buttermilk? Is climbing step advised? I have taken an injection for the rupture yesterday, so should we participate twice a day? I have a scan today. I will attach you the file after I get it done.

#

There are chances to get pregnant, but I cannot assure you.

• You can have anything and everything you want to. Only avoid having pineapple and papaya.
  • Climbing step is fine and there is no problem. Just do not strain yourself too much.
  • Yes, you can participate in sex, since you are in fertile period.

Please go ahead and get the scan done. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. All the best.

My follicle got ruptured today. Please go through the report and give me some suggestion to get pregnant.

#

Hi.

• Please start with your Folic acid supplements. Avoid lifting heavy weights and exercise.
  • Do not take pineapple and papaya. Rest all fruits and vegetables you can take. Keep yourself well hydrated.
  • Avoid outside food, junk, oily and spicy foods. Eat fresh homemade food with lots of milk and milk products.
  • Try to have sex every alternate day for two weeks and wait for your next period date.

When you miss your period do a urine pregnancy test with early morning urine sample a week later to your missed dates. All the best and take care. Hope you come back with good and positive results.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yesterday, When I was travelling in the car, suddenly I started feeling heavy with headache. I slept in the car and after some time I vomited and felt dizzy. I did not eat anythng new yesterday. I had my normal lunch at 2 PM and this happend around 8.30 PM. I was unconscious for a few minutes. I still have some headache. Is it anything to do with implantation? Everyone is worried why this happened to me.

#

It is nowhere related to ovulation. It must due to motion sickness or due to acidity or indigestion. Take some rest and relax. Please do not keep worrying about small things.

Stress and strain have a negative impact on conception. Keep not only a healthy body but also healthy mental state. Nothing at all is wrong with you, just some minimal ups and downs. Take care.

|