Q. From my scan report, can you tell me if I can conceive?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 26, 2016

I am 24 years old and married for 4 years now. I am 5.2 and obese. This is my scan report. Can you please tell me if I can conceive this month? I previously had PCOS. Currently, I am using ayurveda medicines. I heard that delayed ovulation rupture does not cause pregnancy. Also, my husband has teratospermia. Please check the attached documents of follicular study and semen analysis and suggest the needful.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Since your husband has teratospermia (sperm with abnormal morphology), he will have to meet andrologist and get started with medications.

• For you, I suggest Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements daily. Also, take plenty of fluids, vegetables, fruits and iron-rich foods.
  • Avoid oily and spicy food. Start with exercise and yoga.
  • You may need IVF or ICSI that is in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is there a chance for me to conceive this month? If so, what are the precautions to be taken? I had a chemical pregnancy before three months. Can I eat more of oranges and apples? Should I eat anything which causes heat to the body or cold? Should I drink a lot of buttermilk? Is climbing step advised? I have taken an injection for the rupture yesterday, so should we participate twice a day? I have a scan today. I will attach you the file after I get it done.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There are chances to get pregnant, but I cannot assure you.

• You can have anything and everything you want to. Only avoid having pineapple and papaya.
  • Climbing step is fine and there is no problem. Just do not strain yourself too much.
  • Yes, you can participate in sex, since you are in fertile period.

Please go ahead and get the scan done. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. All the best.

My follicle got ruptured today. Please go through the report and give me some suggestion to get pregnant.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hi.

• Please start with your Folic acid supplements. Avoid lifting heavy weights and exercise.
  • Do not take pineapple and papaya. Rest all fruits and vegetables you can take. Keep yourself well hydrated.
  • Avoid outside food, junk, oily and spicy foods. Eat fresh homemade food with lots of milk and milk products.
  • Try to have sex every alternate day for two weeks and wait for your next period date.

When you miss your period do a urine pregnancy test with early morning urine sample a week later to your missed dates. All the best and take care. Hope you come back with good and positive results.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yesterday, When I was travelling in the car, suddenly I started feeling heavy with headache. I slept in the car and after some time I vomited and felt dizzy. I did not eat anythng new yesterday. I had my normal lunch at 2 PM and this happend around 8.30 PM. I was unconscious for a few minutes. I still have some headache. Is it anything to do with implantation? Everyone is worried why this happened to me.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is nowhere related to ovulation. It must due to motion sickness or due to acidity or indigestion. Take some rest and relax. Please do not keep worrying about small things.

Stress and strain have a negative impact on conception. Keep not only a healthy body but also healthy mental state. Nothing at all is wrong with you, just some minimal ups and downs. Take care.

Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have MTHFR and PAI mutations. My doctor recommended me to take Folic acid. I read it should be avoided during MTHFR pregnancies. Along with that I am on Prozac and Euthyrox. What do you think? What should I do? Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, MTHFR - methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations are widely spread and all most one half of the population is having or carrying these mutations by different extent. By different extent, I mean to say, various levels of affection or involvement tha...  Read Full

How much Folic acid is required during pregnancy in Crohn's patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Crohn's disease and am pregnant. The first day of my last period was before 40 days and I have been taking multivitamins which includes 400 micrograms of Folic acid for the past four months. I am now pregnant. The doctor said that I need 5 mg of Folic acid due to the Crohns whi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. You need not worry or be anxious about it. Although absorption of Folate may be disturbed because of your Crohns, taking 400 mcg for four months will be good enough. Meaning, you are not deficient from it from the very start but since you are ...  Read Full

I am anemic even after taking iron supplements. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of anemia. I have been taking iron supplements prescribed by my doctor for the past few months. After a while, I had an appointment, and my doctor said that I am still very anemic. A few years ago, I had an eating problem. I was overeating, but I did not gain weight. Is t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are taking supplements regularly then either you do not have iron deficiency anemia, or you are having ongoing blood loss either in periods or stools. The first thing is to get peripheral smear test, and serum iron studies were done. It will let us know whether yo...  Read Full