Q. If I take medicine for erection, will it damage the quality of sperms?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am 30 years old, and my wife too is 30 years old. We are trying for a baby for two to three months now with no success. I have erection problem if I try to do intercourse every day. In short, in between her 11th to 21st day of the period, I able to make intercourse for around four to five times. That is, I can get firm erection and ejaculation only once in two to three days interval. It is not working for us. Can you please tell any medicine to improve my erection? Will it harm the quality of sperm? Shall I use conceive plus fertility lubrication as my wife often face lubrication problem? Will it work for me? Do you like to suggest any sperm friendly lubricant? During her fertile period, how many times should we try to have intercourse?

#

• As you told that you are trying for the baby since two to three months only, there is no need to worry as sometimes it takes 6 to 12 months even. So, keep chill and do intercourse regularly.
  • It seems that you are doing sex just for the sake of pregnancy and that is why you lost the erection and got anxious. Enjoy sex and indulge more in foreplay. It will take care of lubrication of the vagina.
  • If again you feel the problem of erection during sex, then I suggest tablet Tadalafil 10 mg once in a week or alternate day. It will not affect the quality of sperm. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • You can use the lubricant what you have mentioned here if you feel the discomfort with friction during intercourse. But, try to indulge in more foreplay.
  • You should do intercourse every day during the unsafe period and do not fix 11 to 21 days.
  • Start doing intercourse after one or two days of stopping of menstruation as sometimes ovulation may occur early in the cycle.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|