Q. What can be done for blurred vision after getting deodorant in my eyes?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 20, 2020

This morning by mistake I sprayed the body deodorant directly into my eyes. Thereafter, I cleaned my eyes thoroughly with water and put some V.Rohto drops in them. The whole day has passed but the vision in my left eye is still blurry. Is it something urgent to be taken care of and should I see a doctor now?

#

It is not an emergency. You can use Rohto drops (Naphazoline hydrochloride), along with it start using lubricants like Refresh tears eyedrops or Tears naturale (Carboxymethylcellulose, Dextran, etc) eyedrops once every three hours.

Wash out all of the chemical from your eye using clean filter water which is comfortably warm. Apply an ice pack to relieve pain. You will need to see an eye specialist in case:

1. The problem is not resolving or redness increases.
  2. If your vision becomes blurred or if you develop pain in your eyes.

Accidental.

Slit-lamp examination.

Chemical injury.

To start with antibiotics or steroids depending on the slit-lamp exam findings.

Protective goggles.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|