Q. Can I have a chance to become pregnant even after taking Yasmin?

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

I removed IUD recently as I was not sexually active. I had unprotected sex after a week, and I took Yasmin. I read that increased intake of Yasmin can work as an emergency pill. I took five tablets in the afternoon, another five tablets after eight hours and again five tablets after six hours. I got my last period before a month, and it was delayed for two days when I had unprotected sex. Can I have a chance to become pregnant even after taking Yasmin?

#

Please tell the exact time of IUD removal, the precise time of the last period, current period and the last exposure.

I have removed IUD before a month. I got my last periods after three days of removing IUD. I should get my current period soon. Last month was my recent exposure.

#

As you had your last exposure in a safe period and took Yasmin (Drospirenone), it is unlikely to have implantation. You can have withdrawal bleeding soon. If you do not get periods, you do a urine pregnancy test and consult a gynecologist soon.

I had taken 15 pills over 14 hours. Can it delay my periods? When can I expect it?

#

Yes, Yasmin can disrupt the normal cycle. You can have withdrawal bleeding soon, and you can have periods also. It can vary.

|