Q. How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work? I have just started my third month and heard that it takes about three months to work. However, I have already seen much improvement and it did not break me out really badly in the first few weeks which it did for many others. I am taking it along with Erythromycin, just wondering if things should change soon.

Previously, Roaccutane, clear skin for about six months, breaking out again but nowhere near as severely and only really on my cheeks with hormonal ones on my jaw and chin.

#

Erythromycin is a hepatic enzyme inhibitor meaning it will delay the metabolism of Lucette (Ethinylestradiol and Drospirenone) thus allowing increased levels of the hormone in the bloodstream for a longer duration than normal. Hence the effect of contraception will not be hampered but the side effects of the pill may be more apparent, including acne breakouts. As for the pill working, it should start right away in terms of contraception if you are taking it strictly according to the schedule.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|