Q. Can I-pill mess up menstrual cycle?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

I had unprotected sex two days before my periods due date and consumed an I-pill within 24 hours. Now my period is five days late. I have tested using a home pregnancy kit and the result was negative. I am getting a clear vaginal discharge. What are the chances of me being pregnant? Should I repeat the test?

#

• Two days before your periods is a safe period. There is no need of an I-pill (contraceptive pill) too.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How long I should wait for my periods to come? Also, can I-pill messes up menstrual cycle? If I skip this month periods, will I get regular periods from next month?

#

If you had unprotected sex two days before your periods, then you will never be pregnant even without I-pill.

I-pill should not be taken frequently. It has to be used only in emergency.

To the maximum, your periods will come within a week.

I-pill will not skip one cycle. It may delay the periods for some time.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My pregnancy tests are repeatedly negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 18th of last month. It was the sixth day of my periods. I had an I-pill six hours after having sex. It has been one month and 25 days. I did not get my periods. I am checking for pregnancy every week, and it shows negative. The last date I tested was on the...  Read Full »

Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»