Q. Can I-pill mess up menstrual cycle?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair. B
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

I had unprotected sex two days before my periods due date and consumed an I-pill within 24 hours. Now my period is five days late. I have tested using a home pregnancy kit and the result was negative. I am getting a clear vaginal discharge. What are the chances of me being pregnant? Should I repeat the test?

#

• Two days before your periods is a safe period. There is no need of an I-pill (contraceptive pill) too.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How long I should wait for my periods to come? Also, can I-pill messes up menstrual cycle? If I skip this month periods, will I get regular periods from next month?

#

If you had unprotected sex two days before your periods, then you will never be pregnant even without I-pill.

I-pill should not be taken frequently. It has to be used only in emergency.

To the maximum, your periods will come within a week.

I-pill will not skip one cycle. It may delay the periods for some time.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|