Q. Does x-ray show pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

My wife is 24 years old and her period was regular of 30 days. Before two months, we had intercourse after seven days of her periods. She had her period after some 15 days. It was normal for the first two days, but after that it was very heavy. She had abdominal cramps for approximately a month. Our local doctor gave some medications with iron tablets. Then, she did not have her periods yet. From the beginning of this month, she is having nausea and vomiting. We are not sure whether she is pregnant. Pregnancy test has not been done. Now, she had an accident and fell down from a terrace of 10 feet height. Her x-ray was normal and no bone injuries. But, she is unable to move because of pain. Does x-ray show pregnancy? Since she is unable to bear child at this stage, please suggest some medicine to terminate the pregnancy.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Without doing a urine pregnancy test it is very difficult for me to tell whether she is pregnant or not.

Moreover, early pregnancy cannot be detected in x-ray.

You will have to do a urine pregnancy test at home first. She need not go anywhere for this test.

• Just collect early morning urine sample and get home pregnancy test card and do the test with early morning urine sample. If you get two red or pink lines, then the test is positive and it means she is pregnant.
  • If the pregnancy test shows only one line, then the test is negative and she is not pregnant. In that case, there could be another reason for missed period and may require further investigations.

Once the pregnancy is proved, then we can go ahead and think of termination. So, please do the test and get back to me with the results.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Her home pregnancy test is positive. Please tell me how to terminate.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please get a scan of the abdomen and pelvis done to know the number of weeks of pregnancy and get back to me with the reports.

Revert back with the report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Due to the accident, she could not move for a long distance. So, she is unable to get an ultrasound now.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I can really understand your situation, but without a scan I cannot suggest any treatment or medication. So, kindly get a scan done and consult a gynecologist for physical examination.

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full >>

Dr. Natalie Chaitan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An initially positive pregnancy test that later becomes negative can happen with very early miscarriages. Such miscarriages can occur with little or no initial blood loss. These are termed chemical pregnancies, as they are lost before they attach to the womb and before...  Read Full

Emergency Contraception: Alleviate Anxiety About Unwanted Pregnancy

Article Overview: Whenever a female has unprotected intercourse without using any kind of contraception, a chance of pregnancy is present. The female sometimes does not want to bear the risk of having a child at that point in her life. So, emergency contraception options are beneficial in such a case, to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the methods of emergency contraception available and their mechanisms. Read Article

Emergency contraception is a method to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse has taken place. Methods Hereby, you can see different methods with the dose of drugs. Hormonal pill. IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). 1. Hormonal pills: Two doses of oral combined contra...  Read Article