Q. I have not got periods after having intercourse for the first time. Why?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair. B
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I had intercourse for the first time on 10th without any ejaculation due to pain. Next day, there was bleeding. My periods were due on 13th and I had some clear blood spotting during urination with back pain. But, I did not have periods. I also had some spotting while urination on the 17th. Please let me know whether it is normal.

#

• I hope your periods are regular and will be there for minimum three to four days.
  • Spotting could be from minor tears of hymen as it was for the first time.
  • If you had it before or bleeding continues, then consult a gynecologist and get yourself examined.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I never missed periods till date. Can I expect them this month as it has already four days over my due date?

#

• If that was the only episode of sexual activity, then nothing to worry. You will get your periods.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|