Q. Is there a chance for pregnancy even if HPT was negative 2 days back?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

It has been 27 days since I missed my periods. My last period was almost two months back. I was feeling sick and slight spotting was noticed for three days. I had breast pain for more than eight days, but now the pain has reduced. 19 days back doctor said follicle is observed. So, periods may commence in a week's time, if not he advised me to go for a pregnancy test. Two days back I took a home pregnancy test (HPT) turned out to be negative. I am feeling very uneasy. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read your problem.

• If follicles were observed 19 days back then you still have time for period to occur.
  • Did you take any hormonal pills? If yes then breast pain and late period may be due to that.
  • You should wait for another week. If still no periods and urine test too negative then you will need further tests.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is there chance of pregnancy even if HPT is negative two days back?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Your last period was almost two months back. So, by this time pregnancy test should have become positive if there is pregnancy.
  • Hence, chance of pregnancy is low though it is rarely possible if there is a late conception.

For further clarifications consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|