Q. Is there a chance for pregnancy even if HPT was negative 2 days back?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on May 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

It has been 27 days since I missed my periods. My last period was almost two months back. I was feeling sick and slight spotting was noticed for three days. I had breast pain for more than eight days, but now the pain has reduced. 19 days back doctor said follicle is observed. So, periods may commence in a week's time, if not he advised me to go for a pregnancy test. Two days back I took a home pregnancy test (HPT) turned out to be negative. I am feeling very uneasy. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read your problem.

• If follicles were observed 19 days back then you still have time for period to occur.
  • Did you take any hormonal pills? If yes then breast pain and late period may be due to that.
  • You should wait for another week. If still no periods and urine test too negative then you will need further tests.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is there chance of pregnancy even if HPT is negative two days back?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Your last period was almost two months back. So, by this time pregnancy test should have become positive if there is pregnancy.
  • Hence, chance of pregnancy is low though it is rarely possible if there is a late conception.

For further clarifications consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article