Q. It has been six days since I stopped taking Deviry tablet, but I still did not get my periods. Why?

Dr. Joshi Shalaka Kishor
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2021

My periods are irregular. I have a holiday planned, so I wanted to prepone my periods. My last periods was exactly a month and a half back. So, I started taking Deviry tablet, twice a day for five days before my period was due. It has been six days now, but I still did not get my periods. What am I supposed to do?

#

• When are you going for your vacation?
  • Usually, after stopping the tablets, you should get your period within 15 days.

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am going after three days. I have a vacation planned for a week. I stopped taking the tablets six days back. Usually, I get my periods once in 35 to 45 days.

#

• You stopped taking the tablets six days back, so you might get bleeding anytime now. It is really difficult to tell the exact time.
  • But, I suggest you try taking tablet Primolut N (Norethisterone) 5 mg three times a day, from today till you come back. This might help you postpone the periods. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine after their consent.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you so much. If I start taking Primolut from today, can I be 100 % sure that my periods will get postponed?

#

• I have already mentioned that it is difficult to assure anything, as you had already stopped taking the tablets. I would have assured you 100 % if you had consulted me before taking Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone) or even stopping Deviry.
  • Let us not lose hope. Try taking Premolut without missing a single tablet and see. If you do not take anything now, you will be having your period during the vacation. 

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|