Q. My wife had two beta hCG tests and the values differ. How to confirm if she is pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

My wife's period has been delayed for five days. Yesterday we took beta hCG test. The laboratory report says 500 mIU/mL, but they were not sure due to the technical problem. So, they sent the sample to another laboratory, and the result was 0.100. Even our doctor is confused now. Please help us. What should we do now?

#

• Beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) more than 100 mIU/mL means your pregnant.
  • Please repeat your beta hCG again in a different laboratory. Because two laboratories have given completely different values and in this situation, it becomes tough as to which value to rely on.
  • If you take one more, then we can tally these three hCG values and decide. Do get back to me with the reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Here is the first report. When should we take the test again?

#

• Repeat the test after 48 hours of the first report it means, after two days of the first test.

|