Q. Why did I get bleeding after having beta hCG level of 15. 6?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

My last period was a month back. I got beta hCG done due to symptoms two days back and the result was 15.6. Today, I got bleeding. Do you think I was pregnant or not in the first place?

#

Beta hCG, if less then 3 miu/ml, then it is negative. If it is more then 10 miu/ml, then more likely to be pregnant but if beta hCG shows increase in 48 hours around 66 %, then it is gradually progressive pregnancy and if it is increasing but less than 60 %, then it could be ectopic pregnancy and if it shows a reduction in 48 hours, then it is miscarriage.

If you have already got bleeding after hCG report, then it is better to have a repeat beta hCG and transvaginal scan to exclude any need of evacuation. In case of severe bleeding, you might need an urgent report to tertiary care gynecology emergency. Follow with beta hCG report and scan.

Beta hCG.

Conception.

Beta hCG scan, report to tertiary care gynecology center.

A balanced diet, weight, BMI.

|