Q. Can first pregnancy be planned after 30 years of age?

Dr. Amit Kyal
Published on Sep 14, 2019

My fiancee wants to get pregnant within next eight months and is pressurizing me to get married by then. She says that even waiting for one month will be too late as she will turn 30 by then. Will 8 months make such a difference that her body will be deteriorated if she waits until next month?

Dr. Amit Kyal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Theoretically, it is ideal to have pregnancy before thirty especially the first pregnancy as after 30 we say it is elderly pregnancy and there are some inherent complications associated with elderly pregnancy like hypertension, GDM, impaired fetal growth, etc. So it is desirable to have first pregnancy before 30. So you talk to your fiancee and try to find a middle path and tell few months does not make much difference.

Other than ultrasound, how can Down's syndrome be diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I went for an ultrasound scan named targeted imaging for fetal anomalies. Other than hypoplasia of nasal bone, everything is normal. I need an expert opinion regarding advanced tests of ultrasound or amniocentesis, karyotyping or any ultrasound scan to ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in toto. At 26 weeks period of gestation, the overall growth of the fetus is fine. But the concern here is hypoplastic nasal bone seen in the second trimester TIFFA (targeted imaging for ...  Read Full

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

Why are dual marker tests and other tests done during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My age is 38. My doctor prescribed dual marker test. My PAPP-A report is 1.88 mIU/ml, while FB-hCG is 28.2 ng/ml. NT is 0.90 mm (.65 MoM). Biochem risk +NT is 1:4730, age risk 1:189, trisomy 13/18 + NT is < 1:10000. I am worried about my reports, whether it ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heartiest congratulations for your second pregnancy. Well, there is a generalized increased risk with increased age of mother. You are above 35 years, so considering it as an elderly pregnancy, increased surveillance for congenital or chromosomal abnormalities in the ba...  Read Full