Q. What are the deep wrinkles under my eyes?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I have got pretty bad eczema. I have been using Doublebase gel that my GP gave me, but does not seem to be working. What is annoying is that I have noticed very deep wrinkles under my eyes where my skin is mostly dry. Could I get rid of these? I am only 18 and I cannot even look in the mirror or smile because of these lines. I also have allergies and my eyes water and itch a lot usually during the night. I have now tried many creams and oils including coconut oil, cocoa butter, Hydrocortisone, Doublebase gel, E45, baby oil and many more, but none seem to work. I just want answers for these. Hope you can help. Thank you.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. You seem to be suffering from atopic dermatitis.
2. The wrinkles you are referring to could be actually Dennie-Morgan folds (folds below the lower eyelid as a result of edema) seen in atopic dermatitis. They will get better with the treatment of your eczema.

1. Along with moisturizing lotions, you should take antihistamines like tablet Hydroxyzine 10 mg twice daily.
2. If it still does not respond, I recommend mid potent steroids like Mometasone instead of Hydrocortisone to my patients.
3. For your watery eyes, artificial tear drops, like ones containing Carboxymethyl cellulose will be beneficial.

1. Use a gentle soapless cleansing lotion for bathing like Cetaphil cleansing lotion.
2. Wear only cotton clothes.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I had an allergic after eating cherries. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an allergic reaction after eating fresh cherries last night. My eyes began itching and then swelled up. It also started tearing. I woke up this morning with mild swelling on the inner parts of my eyes. I have attached the photo for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »

Can I take Hydroxyzine Hcl 25 mg while pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is four months pregnant now. She has itchy palms. The doctor advised to take tablet Atarax 25 mg (Hydroxyzine hydrochloride). Is it safe to have this tablet during pregnancy? Kindly guide.  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »