Hydroxyzine

Please suggest treatment for Dennie-Morgan lines.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got pretty bad eczema. I have been using Doublebase gel that my GP gave me, but does not seem to be working. What is annoying is that I have noticed very deep wrinkles under my eyes where my skin is mostly dry. Could I get rid of these? I am only 18 and I cannot even look in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

Are rash and lymph node swelling after oral sex signs of ARS?

Query: Hi doctor,I gave oral sex to a man, whose HIV status was unknown, six weeks ago. I have now rash under both armpits and a swollen lymph node in my neck. I am attaching pictures of the rash and the lymph node. Could this be ARS?  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Oral sex has the least possibility of ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). I do not think you have ARS. Do you have dandruff or an earache or a toothache? Do you have a history of a cold or a...  Read Full »

Can I take Hydroxyzine Hcl 25 mg while pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is four months pregnant now. She has itchy palms. The doctor advised to take tablet Atarax 25 mg (Hydroxyzine hydrochloride). Is it safe to have this tablet during pregnancy? Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations on her pregnancy. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Yes, antihistamines are considered safe during pregnancy. As it is prescribed in a very low dose and she is in her second trimester, she can consume it, but not for a long...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is atopic dermatitis. It has many causes. Most common is due to allergy to various dietary protein or external stimuli. We need to elicit the history properly and need to do investigations to delineate the cause. First we will do basic investigation then we will p...  Read Full »

Can Atarax be taken for itching during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 8 months and 10 days pregnant. I am having itching in my whole body from the last eight days. I also tried Aloe Vera lotion for it. Is taking Atarax tablets safe for me at this time?  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have itching with rash or without rash? And do you have itching palms and soles as well? You may have obstetric cholestasis and you must see your obstetrician immediately and do not self treat the condition. You need liver function tests. Get checked to see if...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for lichen planus.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from acute eruptive lichen planus. I consulted a doctor and had some medicines. But still the marks are there and itching too. I am applying Lobate cream. Even now I can see new eruptions especially in my legs which are red in color and itchy. Please suggest some good medi...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lichen planus is a chronic and self-limiting disease. It has been seen that skin lesions subside within 9-12 months in about 50 percent of the cases. Since you are still developing fresh lesions you will have to take a course of tablet Prednisolone 20 mg daily for 6 w...  Read Full »

How do I know if I am allergic to a specific thing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 years old male. My IgE levels in the past two years were 1411 and 869.0 IU/mL respectively. Do I need to check now? Also the absolute eosinophil counts were 800 and 240. My TSH was high and it got treated. I feel allergic to dust, eggplant (tongue itch), perfume, fragrance, etc...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you do have allergy tendencies in your body which are associated with asthma or allergic bronchitis and high IgE levels. Also you have associated skin issues like urticaria or atopic dermatitis which are all connected together. Well, the first line is usually...  Read Full »

How to treat itching present all over my body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male and weighing 64 kg. My main problem is I have itching all over my body, but there is no rash. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for choosing this platform. It is very difficult to treat patients with itching all over body. The duration of itching, your occupation, family history, etc., is not clear. Observe for any aggravating or relieving factors, like diet, day or night, tempera...  Read Full »

What causes itchy spots with pus?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15 month old baby is having spots with pus. It is itchy and scaly. The spots have increased in a week. It seems to heal, but then they appear in other region. I have attached the photos. Kindly check them. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You child has atopic eczema (atopic dermatitis). He scratched it a lot and so the lesion got infected. Basically, two things have to be in mind. First, we need to treat atopic ecz...  Read Full »

Post HIV exposure, I had rashes, diarrhea and now sinusitis. Have I contracted it?

Query: Hello doctor, Within 24 hours of an exposure to HIV,  I had itchiness all over my body, especially around the inner thigh, knee, elbow, wrist, waist, and lower abdomen. I noticed a few pimple-like rashes around my inner thigh, probably due to scratching. But, my brother said that it looks like a sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no chance that you have been infected by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), as all the tests have come back negative. Also, you have recovered well from your fever without a treat...  Read Full »