Dental Floss

What is the best way of keeping the teeth healthy?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the best way of keeping my teeth healthy?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prevention is always better than cure. Follow simple habits from a young age like brushing your teeth twice daily. Using mouthwashes and floss provides an added advantage. Try to avoid sticky foods as far as possible. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Per...  Read Full »

How to remove floss stuck in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have floss stuck underneath my permanent retainer (had retainer for almost five years now) on my lower jaw. There is no pain, but I would like to find out how to remove the floss.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hey, Welcome to icliniq.com. For removal of the floss, you can use a tweezer. Another option is to try the superfine interdental brush, like Stim proxa and if it is not working out, then go to a local dentist. Do not try to mess with it much as this can cause a problem with your retainers. You do ...  Read Full »

Popcorn stuck in my tooth is causing gum pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, A week ago, some popcorn stuck in my gums, and I got it out. But, the pain and inflammation are still there. Why? How to fix it?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Popcorn stuck in between the gums is a very common situation. Even I used to face this once in a while. The sharp particle tends to get locked so tightly between the teeth or gums, which is a reason for immediate inflammation and pain. You have also mentioned that it has ...  Read Full »

Why are the gums lose around my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. It feels like my front six teeth are clicking. I saw a bit of blood whilst brushing my teeth, so flossed more rigorous than usual and now I feel like they are moving. My gums look healthy and I swilled with salt water as it is supposed to be good for healing. 7 years ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should keep using salt water gargle as much as possible. Some mobility is common for a person who had braces in the past. Do not floss too much or too deep. Wisdom tooth eruption causes mobility all over the teeth due to its constant pushing forward. Do not worry too...  Read Full »

Is chewing toothpicks bad for you?

Query: Hello doctor, Are birchwood toothpicks hard enough to cause damage to tooth enamel? Do they cause damage to the teeth in any way? I have pored over the internet for the answer to this question, with many dentists recommending that toothpicks should not be used or chewed on, or saying that it can cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We use toothpicks in the anatomical spaces present between the teeth. The spaces are called as embrasures. While you use the toothpick, you lacerate the gingival tissue that covers those spaces (the cone-shaped gingiva present between the teeth) that results in the cr...  Read Full »

Why do I have bad breath in spite of flossing and using mouthwash?

Query: Hello doctor, Majority of times after I floss and then brush my teeth afterward I use cool mint Listerine mouthwash. I do not understand what is going on but my fiance says I have an unpleasant smell in my mouth. I do not have to be so close to him talking. After I had a wash with the Listerine, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to be frustrated. It is very common. There are various factors affecting your bad breath. You can try these things to improve your oral hygiene. Avoid foods and beverages that cause bad breath, eat more fruits and vegetables, take sufficient amount of...  Read Full »

I feel like all my teeth are loose and going to fall out. Can this issue be reversed?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have bruxism (now I do not because I wear a mouth guard) and now my gums are receding. It feels loose and worn out and I cannot even eat soft foods without it feeling wobbly. I cannot even speak properly because I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Are all my teeth going ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query. You are using Corsodyl mouthwash. That contains Chlorhexidine gluconate and is a broad spectrum antibiotic used to treat various aphthous ulcers or other oral infections. But, if you have listened to the previous dentist, he would have r...  Read Full »

From the image, please advise if it is a must to remove my wisdom tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, Is it a must to remove wisdom tooth? I have attached an image of my tooth. Kindly advise if it is possible not to remove it.  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can make out that the position of your wisdom tooth is not vertical that means, it is not coming at the normal position. My concern is, are you getting any pain in gums area? Is there any uneasiness whil...  Read Full »