Q. My gum below premolar crown gets irritated due to food lodgement. Please help.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I have a problem with my crown on premolar. Food gets stuffed in here and irritates. What should I do?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

One of the following options will help you get rid of this problem.

1. If there is only slight irritation and impaction of food between the crown tooth and the adjacent teeth, I would advise the simple use of dental floss to maintain cleanliness, and your complaint will go away within a week. Make it a habit using once in a day.

2. If irritation is severe and causing gum inflammation (swelling) as well try using dental floss along with Chlorhexidine mouth wash thrice daily for two weeks.

3. Make sure that there is no cavity in the adjacent tooth. It might be possible that food is getting impacted in some cavity.

4. Go to your nearby dentist for a checkup who can assess well through examining clinically if there is any fault in the crown fit and margins. If this is the case, then you might need a new crown with proper margins.

|